125th Anniversary

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
My home lodge is planning a 125th anniversary (of receiving its charter) celebration. It is scheduled for June 18, 2011. The Grand Lodge officers are going to rededicate the lodge hall and we will have a 50 & 60 year pin ceremony by the Grand Master. I will be giving a history of the lodge (which is taking a long time to put together). We will be having a supper and might just turn it into a party. (or not). I am really looking forward to this, I think it will be a good time.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
My home lodge is planning a 125th anniversary (of receiving its charter) celebration. It is scheduled for June 18, 2011. The Grand Lodge officers are going to rededicate the lodge hall and we will have a 50 & 60 year pin ceremony by the Grand Master. I will be giving a history of the lodge (which is taking a long time to put together). We will be having a supper and might just turn it into a party. (or not). I am really looking forward to this, I think it will be a good time.
That's just great. Can you get your local media to take notice?

S&F

D.J.Elliott

We celebrated our 100 yr anniversary last year. It was a great time and the rededication was very interesting to watch. Learned some great history of my lodge and met some of the older brothers and widows. A great night...Enjoy yours Brother

DavisB

In 2009, my lodge celebrated its 200th. Unfortunately I was a few years late to catch the festivities..

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
I am in hopes the local media will take notice. They have been invited and I will continue to inform them of this date. I am putting the history together for the last 25 years -- I found a typed history from the 100th celebration in the archives so most of the history is compiled.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
I did an interview for the radio station this morning about the 125 year celebration. I talked to the TV station they are supposed to send a reporter over the day before as they cannot afford to have 2 reporters on duty June 18th:eek::rolleyes: and there is a big parade in another town they are covering.

I have gotten the history almost completed, I found out an interesting bit of information about a brother from our lodge. In 1894 and again in 1896 Silas A Holcomb was elected the 9th governor of Nebraska. The number of the governor of Nebraska doesn't change every 2 years unless there is a change in the person elected, this means that even though Silas was elected and re-elected he was still the 9th governor.
This history investigation thing is really interesting and I have learned a lot about the lodge and our brothers.

Winter

I've been here before
Congratulations and I hope your Lodge is around for many more years.

And US Presidents are numbered the same way. I imagine that's the norm.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Well, the TV reporter showed up at the lodge hall on Wed. afternoon, we did an interview and it was supposed to be shown last night -- I was out of town and didn't see it. The young lady acted really interested (I know -- she was just doing her job) in learning about the Fraternity. I did my level best to inform her. I am going to request a DVD of the report to see if it was any good.

Tomorrow is the big day -- the WM, this last week has been so nervous that he cannot tolerate being around himself, I for one am looking forward to the culmination of 8 or 9 months of work. There are to be 13 GL officers at the program tomorrow, the last time there was that many in our lodge was in 1971 when the new (to us) lodge building's corner-stone was laid.

I found out that my history is going to be the official GL oration for the program, they are even going to let me present it. The Grand Orator is happy just to sit on the sidelines for once.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Brothers, we had a great time at the celebration. There were 14 GL officers in attendance, that is the most to ever attend a meeting in our lodge building, at the cornerstone laying (in 1971) there were 13 in attendance. There were numerous positive comments about the ceremony and how nice everything looked. The WM did a good job except when it was time for him to thank the Grand Master -- he called him Grand Brother Master which got a good laugh. All in all everything was great and I even got a lot of compliments on my historical oration.

As much as I enjoyed this celebration, I am glad it is over. Now it is time to do a write-up for the Nebraska Mason. No rest for the weary.