A fun evening.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
It seems so long ago, but a couple of weeks after I was raised, my sponsor called me up and asked if I would be willing to help another lodge confer the Master Mason degree on a man who had been called up by the Army and had very little time to receive his degrees. I agreed and got an email with what I needed to know to play the part of Jubala. Then I asked when I needed to be ready. The degree was the next evening. I did well and had a wonderful time.

The hook was set.

Now, I'm Junior Warden of my lodge and have a fair amount of ritual under my belt. A brother from that same lodge asked me if I would be willing to help them again by sitting as JW during the First Degree. There's a fairly easy lecture involved that just explains what the candidate has gone through so far and I had already delivered it once at my lodge. I, of course, agreed. In fact, I considered it an honor to be asked.

At the end of the evening, I took a fair amount of brotherly ribbing because I have a rather dramatic presentation style. (I am Italian, after all. If you want me to shut up, just tie my hands. )

At LOI the following Monday, I overheard the Master of that lodge chatting with the Master of my lodge. He was full of praise for my performance. When he heard I would be presiding over a First Degree from the East in a short time, all of the officers from his lodge offered their help.

These are some of the things that make me love this Fraternity. Helping without putting the helped in debt. Receiving help from a friend and brother who feels it is an honor to be asked.