A new traveller to this forum.

StockeW

Travelling for Light!
Hello Brothers and others. I'm the newest new guy. I'm looking forward to making this an important part of my journey in search of Light. I retired from the US Navy just under a year ago, after 25 and a half great years in the mightiest naval force ever known. I retired out of the Norfolk, VA area, and Uncle Sam's Navy engaged me to take a Federal job in Southern Indiana. What a terrific life, eh? Anyway, my father and one of my grandfathers were Masons, mother was a member of OES, sisters were Rainbow Girls. I just never thought I had time. Well, the first thing I did in Indiana after starting the new job was find a contact in my office that sent word through two or three Worshipful Masters in the local area until Monroe Lodge #22's WM contacted me. I was raised 12 March, and have hit the floor running to learn the craft and get out to Lodges in the surrounding area. Since my EA, I have attended 7 or 8 other Lodges, including my Lodge travelling to Cincinatti, OH a couple of weeks ago to put on a FC degree. This is really cool stuff!

Anyway, glad to be here, and hope to receive loads of "instruction".

StockeW

Travelling for Light!
A terrific Masonic day!

The Lodge held a hog roast today. We had somewhere in the neighborhood of 225 adults and youngsters on the grounds. Many I had never met until today. Many from our surrounding area Lodges who came to our open invitation reprsenting their Lodges.

What a great time. Some of spent last night at the Lodge cooking the pig and making 5 gallons of home made ice cream. What a smash hit!

Wow, what a day! What a great fraternity. :)

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Welcome to the forums, and the fraternity. I hope you enjoy your stay with us, we have a lot to offer, and most are willing to answer any question if possible. Sounds like you had a great time of fellowship too. Great to hear about actions around the country. Thank you also, for your service to our country as well!!!

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
A hog roast. That sounds like a fun time to me. I am so tempted to do one but I doubt my smoker is big enough.

Glad to have you aboard.

StockeW

Travelling for Light!
First Outdoor Master Mason Degree

I attended an Outdoor MM Degree this past Saturday morning. That was a neat experience. Furnishings hewn from local hardwood logs. Sitting beneath a grove of 100+ year old maple trees. The Lodge bounded by 1/4 inch cotton line. All of the Grand Lodge of Indiana Officers were also in attendance. Pretty cool stuff if you have never had the opportunity.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Outstanding ! A lodge in my district has an outdoor MM degree every Fall . It is so far out in the country that you run out of hardball (black top) many , many miles back . We have a huge BBQ and a side degree , pitch horse shoes etc; etc; Great fun !