Anti-Masonic Sentiment in Middle East

The Middle East continues to be rife with anti-Masonic sentiment. King Abdullah of Jordan was interviewed this week in The Atlantic and referred to the Muslim Brotherhood as a "Masonic cult".

And just ahead of President Obama's visit to Israel and Jordan, the official Palestinian Authority daily printed a pro-Hitler article that had the following quote:

"Our history is replete with lies [incliuding] the lie about Al-Qaeda and the September 11 events, which asserted that Muslim terrorists committed it, and that it was not an internal American action by the Freemasons."

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Ya know... Ive noticed something. The only thing you ever post here is material that is controversial.

Whats more, you post from a news feed and never bother to give your thoughts or comments on the topic.

This borderlines on spam in my opinion.

If you have nothing productive to contribute, keep the anti mason crud to yourself.

I'm sorry i post it. I want to know what you guy think off it. Anit Freemasnory already banned in some parts Middle East? Looks like it could end up. Being banned there if it isn't already.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
It would help if you would post your thoughts along with the article. Just posting an article is rather useless for conversation. Most of us can read this stuff from the same places you find it. It's no secret that the radical islamic states don't like Freemasonry. Most of us won't even debate that fact.

cemab4y

I have lived in the MidEast. Saudi Arabia (one year). Iraq/Afghanistan nine years. Freemasonry is banned in most countries with an Islamic majority. Freemasonry does exist, in some parts of the world where you would think it would be banned. One example is Morocco, Freemasonry is there.

If you are interested in learning more, please see my blog

http://www.cemab4y.blogspot.com

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
It looks to me like Freemasonry is discouraged or even banned in places where individual liberty and freedom is not possible.
Hitler sent Masons to concentration camps.
The Soviet Union prohibited them.

S&F

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
It looks to me like Freemasonry is discouraged or even banned in places where individual liberty and freedom is not possible.
Hitler sent Masons to concentration camps.
The Soviet Union prohibited them.

S&F
Yup... That's why this topic is a non issue. What was the purpose of bringing this topic here? More anti Masonic rhetoric. Nothing to see here... moving on.