Any Firefighters Here?

rld2

S.K.-J.W.
Life Member-Burlington Volunteer Fire Department. 23 years FF Paramedic. Past Lieutenant. Past President County Fire Association

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
I have 24 years in as volunteer FF. I was training officer for 12 years. I moved away and hung up my gear, have been asked to join two local VFD (one in the town I live in and one where I work) haven't made a decision yet. I do kind of miss it, but my wife sleeps better at night knowing I am department-less now.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I started as a Junior volunteer firefighter when I was a teenager , moved up to firefighter and then left for the Corps .

I have a couple of Fire fighter of the year awards in the other room .

Nothing like working a job all day , getting home , being called out to a structure fire at night , get home just in time to go back to work once again . Or get home on a Friday evening from work and spend the entire weekend fighting brush fires all weekend .

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Nothing like working a job all day , getting home , being called out to a structure fire at night , get home just in time to go back to work once again . Or get home on a Friday evening from work and spend the entire weekend fighting brush fires all weekend .
You're right Ashlar it's a great feeling. Or even a 18 or 20 hour stint on a grass fire, get sent home, get 2 or 3 hours sack time, then get called out again.

rld2

S.K.-J.W.
Unless of course she does it too. Not to mention our daughter. It's a family thing. My dad and I are the first father son life members. He is the oldest and I am the youngest. My wife does the medical thing more than me, but our daughter loves running in.

rbryantr

Also another one; "You may know where you are and God may now where you are, but if DISPATCH doesn't know, you and God better be on good terms!

rbryant....you are funny....everybody in the free world know that God created FIREFIGHTERS so that Cops and everyone else would have heros.....even you squad jockies...LOL....I ride the bus too so I can crack jokes...