Any Scale model builders here?

richter111

Greetings,

My hobby is building scale models. Specifically aircraft and ships. I was wondering if any other of the brothers out there also build?

Ric

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I do not have the steady hands to do it. Not sure why, but my hands tend to shake, almost like I'm nervous.

G

Gary

I do not have the steady hands to do it. Not sure why, but my hands tend to shake, almost like I'm nervous.
Not Familial tremors is it? if others in your family have the same thing and haven't been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease it's a possibility. Either that or you need to lay off the caffeine...

G

Gary

Ric,

Do you build them from kits? resin, plastic or balsa wood? My dad and grandfather used to build model display airplanes / model flyable ones when I was a kid.

They were mostly balsa wood. The old "control line" operated kind before R/C became popular. I remember them to be pretty detailed, but you'd get pretty dizzy going in circles operating the cables...LOL

D.J.Elliott

I enjoy doing it too. I'm not great at it and have had many failures but...Still enjoy it. It can be quite relaxing.... My next big attempt is Going to be the USS Constitution 1:96 scale I believe it is. Detailed rigging and sails...A real challenge. Also as a Trekkie/Trekker I have Enterprise models from the Aircraft carrier up to the latest Starship. That should prove fun