appointed Senior Deacon

My understanding is that "Masonic Education" in my jurisdiction is limited to a list of what the GL deems as appropriate material to use. I've seen the list, and I'm less than impressed with the overall selection. I hope in the future that they add to it. I'm not holding my breath for that though.

As far as some heavy hitters coming in to speak, that would be billed as a special event speaker. They could talk about what they want as far as I know. They would be from another jurisdiction, so I don't know what their limitations would be.

There are several Brothers on this forum from my jurisdiction. Maybe they know the answer to your question.
Check and see if you could be listed as a a special event speaker too.....??? Then you could let your light shine bright.....:1-pray:

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Check and see if you could be listed as a a special event speaker too.....??? Then you could let your light shine bright.....:1-pray:
LOL... I appreciate that you feel I'm worthy of being billed as a special event speaker, but since I'm a member of my Lodge, I don't think that would float.

Don't get me wrong, I keep within the guidelines of my jurisdiction. I just have to be creative in the way I present my material. It's not what you say, it's how you say it! Those Brothers from outside my jurisdiction would have much more latitude in my opinion.