Are you a turtle?

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
The Turtles are a vast secret organization with members in the highest levels of government and business. The goal of the Turtles is what is called, "A New Whirled Order" (it must always be capitalized and quoted, btw). The Turtles control the banks and have stolen the gold from Fort Knox. What is left at Fort Knox is actually lead painted gold. The Turtles are most definitely after you. I am a Turtle, so I know this stuff :p
Ssshhhhh! You're not supposed to TELL them!

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
It's a heck of a lot warmer in Florida. Why don't you come down here. We have tropical bars.
It is warmer, but during this time of year I want snow. Hence why I'm hopefully going up north in Feb. Too bad I'm traveling with non-Masons so no Lodge hopping.

Winter

I've been here before
Jason, you can have it! I can't wait till I graduate in May so I can move HOME to Florida. If I never see snow again I will die happy!

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Snow makes the Holidays though. It is sad that my daughter and future son will not have snowball fights, sleigh rides, snow forts, snow days etc... Or the best, having to wake up early and shovel the drive way before school. Do not miss the shoveling part.

G

Gary

Snow makes the Holidays though. It is sad that my daughter and future son will not have snowball fights, sleigh rides, snow forts, snow days etc... Or the best, having to wake up early and shovel the drive way before school. Do not miss the shoveling part.
It's nice to look at, but I don't miss it. Chicago- 6 foot snow drifts, 20 below zero, and ice everywhere. Not fun for a Florida native.

I do agree that kids should get to see it at least once though. making snowmen in the middle of the street and then hosing them down so they freeze used to make the snow plow guys furious. They literally became part of the street. LOL

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I used to make snow forts behind a tree and hide in them and throw them at the snow plows.

Do not forget about snow angles too.

Never tried the ice on the snow man trick though. I know once in snowed on my B-day in LI though.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
It's a heck of a lot warmer in Florida. Why don't you come down here. We have tropical bars.
I'm not the one who wants to be Admitted to the Order. Besides, I'm unemployed right now and couldn't afford the trip. Now, if you're offering to PAY me to come down there, we might talk.

G

Gary

Hey Winter, Throw Patrick on the bike when you come down. He doesn't know what he's missing. He won't want to go back to the cold, so there is no point in getting him a round trip ticket. ;)

On a serious note- I do hope you get a job soon Patrick. Hopefully things will improve in the near future for you.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
No, that's why the good L-rd made warm sunny beaches, to see if we'll be smart enough to choose the right one!
But Florida? The traditional home of the hurricane? There are places in California where the desert goes to the sea (and therefore might better remind the homesick of the promised land), and while they may have the occasional earthquake, at least they don't have hurricanes and/or tornadoes.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Hey Winter, Throw Patrick on the bike when you come down. He doesn't know what he's missing. He won't want to go back to the cold, so there is no point in getting him a round trip ticket. ;)

On a serious note- I do hope you get a job soon Patrick. Hopefully things will improve in the near future for you.
Nah, you don't wanna do that. With my lack of balance (caused by inner ear problems) Winter'd need a trike, at least.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
But Florida? The traditional home of the hurricane? There are places in California where the desert goes to the sea (and therefore might better remind the homesick of the promised land), and while they may have the occasional earthquake, at least they don't have hurricanes and/or tornadoes.
1. You can prepare and get out of the way of a Hurricane, cannot say the same for earthquakes.

2. Don't you know as Freemasons we control if we get hit by a Hurricane.