Assassin’s Creed 3: Templar-Freemason Conspiracy Theory

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Ok, so not really news I guess, but I thought it was interesting to see someones take on us and the Templars. I wonder if I can get some time to play the game.

The idea of the modern Freemasons being a reincarnation of the Knights Templar is nothing new, since conspiracy theorists of varying degrees of credibility have often taken the ties between the two societies to extreme conclusions. The film National Treasure is an example of a benevolent association between the two, while others maintain that Washington and the founding fathers were the first to establish a New World Order in a quest for global domination.
While those same founding fathers will appear in Assassin’s Creed 3, the fact that Ubisoft has to sell to an American audience will likely preclude a climax in which Washington and Benjamin Franklin voice their desire to kill freedom everywhere. If anything, the confirmed Collector’s Editions of the game seem to hint that George Washington may be allied with the Assassins. But that doesn’t mean that every historical figure is safe.
In fact, assuming that every Freemason is aware of the society’s Templar connections – should there be any – may be misguided. Similarly, it’s possible that the Templars infiltrated the Freemasons completely unbeknownst to the more famous members. Washington has been featured alongside Connor in much of the game’s artwork, so perhaps the two join forces to rid the Freemasons of any Templar spies hoping to shape the future of America.

more http://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-3-templar-freemasons-connection-dyce-140261/

Winter

I've been here before
Interesting. Although I'm in the camp that believes that if there is a connection, it is much more likely that SOME few Templars were given sanctuary by an already established Freemasonry.

kblair210

The game is decent, but not as good as AC: Brotherhood in my opinion.. The story aspect of the AC games have always interested me. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the up-coming change with AC:4.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
I love the Assassin's Creed series and their conspiracy theories. I bought some of the books and they are a good, easy read. I don't take any serious thought to the conspiracy though...it's just a game.