At least the comments are encouraging...

Green-Moo

It's a terrible sign of the times that this kind of thing is so prevalent. It shows up the perpetrators as being doubly ignorant when they choose to paint satanic symbolism.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Agreed , I thought the "anti's" would be chiming in with their remark's . I know in my neck of the woods the general public looks to us in a positive light or doesn't give us a thought one way or another , but most look at the Anti-mason's with disdain and thinks they are nothing more than kook's .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
The latest comment was from an anti. I'm not sure if those comments are being removed or not. I did forward the information to some members of my Lodge, as we are about an hour north of Tampa.

Thank you for posting.

mollyL

How sad. I had no idea that Masons got hit with this kind of hate graffiti. Sometimes, when this happens,I think it is people that just have to deface things and places that mean something to people. A few years ago a cemetery that goes back to the Civil War in our area was attacked. Headstones were spray painted or knocked over and a memorial statue of a Civil War soldier was beheaded with the head stolen. It makes you sick to think of such atrocities.

Green-Moo

I think the people generally responsible for this type of vandalism actually have very little knowledge about the group they are attacking (hence the use of satanic symbolism in this instance). Rather, they see these targets as representing 'the establishment' and a strata of society that they have little chance of ever entering.

mollyL

I think you're right, Green. I feel sorry for these people but their actions make me so angry. I need to try to understand them better, I guess...:confused:

Green-Moo

I think you're right, Green. I feel sorry for these people but their actions make me so angry. I need to try to understand them better, I guess...:confused:
The ridiculous things is that the very people who are vandalising property are likely to be benefiting from Masonic good works in their communities.