Begging for money

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I know some may take this the wrong way but is anyone else growing weary of all these bodies sending address labels , calendars , pocket planners etc; etc; and begging for money ? I know I am and have sent letters and e-mails numerous times asking to be removed from their mailing list . I donate to the Knight Templar Eye Foundation and Masonic Homes once a year already .

I am constantly receiving calendars , pocket planners , stickers and I have more address labels than I care to count . Maybe , instead of sending us this crap , take the money they pay for it and postage , envelopes , time etc; etc; and put it into all the House of the Temple preservation , Knight Templar eye foundation , Masonic Homes and all the others they would not have to beg so much .

I just brought the mail in and there was three big envelopes from the SR House of the Temple , KT Eye Foundation and our Masonic homes . I no longer open them , they go straight into the trash .

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
The reason they send the crap (address labels, calendars, etc.) is that they found out through research that these kinds of things make people feel like they somehow owe the sender a gift in return. I gladly use the address labels and toss the rest.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I figured it was a , " Wow they sent me a gift so I really should send them some money" guilt type of thing .

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I know some may take this the wrong way but is anyone else growing weary of all these bodies sending address labels , calendars , pocket planners etc; etc; and begging for money ? I know I am and have sent letters and e-mails numerous times asking to be removed from their mailing list . I donate to the Knight Templar Eye Foundation and Masonic Homes once a year already .

I am constantly receiving calendars , pocket planners , stickers and I have more address labels than I care to count . Maybe , instead of sending us this crap , take the money they pay for it and postage , envelopes , time etc; etc; and put it into all the House of the Temple preservation , Knight Templar eye foundation , Masonic Homes and all the others they would not have to beg so much .

I just brought the mail in and there was three big envelopes from the SR House of the Temple , KT Eye Foundation and our Masonic homes . I no longer open them , they go straight into the trash .
It's like any other beg-a-thon in freemasonry. Every time I go to a function, they are passing a hat for something. I look at it this way... I get free calendars, address labels, and other goodies. Stop being a sour puss and look at the bright side. No guilt on my part. I didn't ask them to send the stuff, so I'm not obligated to pay them for it. :p

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
LOL , always the voice of reason Brother Gary ! And no more sour puss , I promise (He says with his fingers crossed behind his back) .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I look on them not only as a source of free return-address labels and note pads, but as a way to support the USPS: I put a few shreds in the postage-paid envelope, and put it back in the mail box with the flag up.
With all the use of email, letter revenues are dropping.
Why do this?
1. It tells the mailer that not everyone buys into their psychology.
2. It recycles a little paper away from my house.
3. The Postal Service gets the postage for delivering the mail.

This is a win-win-win situation.

OK, I'm an @ssh0!e. [note: no one else is a recipient of my name-calling.]
Get over it.
;)

S?&F

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I look on them not only as a source of free return-address labels and note pads, but as a way to support the USPS: I put a few shreds in the postage-paid envelope, and put it back in the mail box with the flag up.
Why do this?

Get over it.
;)

S?&F

I used to do that with junk mail. I'd swap old adds, and other stuff in the free return mail envelopes. I'd stuff them so that they were too heavy and postage was due upon delivery. Come to find out, that this practice is a federal offense. Mail tampering is the charge.

devlin

Laus Deo
Why do this?

Get over it.
;)

S?&F
Hahaha I do the same with AAA car club. I did not renew and since they have have been mail bombing me constantly for over 9 months (I imagine their bleeding customers) even after I asked them to stop. Now I put junk mail theirs AND others in the postage paid business reply envelope and send it back in the mail. ;-)