Border talk

Treadstone

Hey Brothers and Sisters

I was wondering if talking about the border issues was good or bad here? I wanted to invite anyone interested. I live in Three Points , Arizona.

Treadstone

G

Gary

To answer this question, You have to ask:

Will this lead to a political discussion? will racial profiling come into play?, will this conversation cause discord and or be offensive to the members?

If you answered yes to any one of those, then I'd say it's best to not discuss it.

On the other hand, I will say that we have had some pretty unusual discussions here, and that everyone has been exceptionally well mannered.

If you feel the need to talk about it, then do so. If it gets out of hand, or heads into deep water that's when the Moderators will step in.

Brother Liberty

Service Officer
I would say that this definitely falls under the "politics" heading. My feeling is that it will turn rather ugly quickly as there are brothers who frequent this board from throughout the country and its an issue that will lead to some not so nice places.

That being said, discuss whatever you want. The moderators will shut it down if it turns. However, I will be staying out of it.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We are not a Tyled Lodge and should be able to debate without it getting heated . If someone gets out of line their post will be removed or the thread locked , so there is nothing wrong with political discussions .

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
We are not a Tyled Lodge and should be able to debate without it getting heated . If someone gets out of line their post will be removed or the thread locked , so there is nothing wrong with political discussions .
SAYS YOU! EX-marine! :p:p:p:p (just kidding, please don't hurt me! :eek: )

(Your mother was a sailor :D )

G

Gary

Well, they are a department of the Navy. "The mens department" so they decree. If you really want to stoke him up, ask him who the heck pulls his wounded butt out of danger in the heat of battle. It's a NAVY Corpsman.

Marine down! Corpsman UP!

My wife would take exception to the "mens" part. She's a Marine, and she ain't no man. :p

Back on topic- No the forum isn't Tyled. BUT, I will say that nothing good comes of political discussions. My party is better than your party...Liberal, conservative...Blah blah blah. if I wanted to talk politics, I certainly wouldn't do it here.There are plenty of other places to do that.

But if you must...

Treadstone

I gave 14 to the Corps. And now giving to the Army. Your opinions are glady accepted. And the last thing I would want is to offend fellow brothers or sisters. I was more so inquiring interested parties to come down and join me or have the ability to help provide better equipment. I ask that if there are any to private message me. My intent is to respect first. Thank you.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Well, they are a department of the Navy. "The mens department" so they decree. If you really want to stoke him up, ask him who the heck pulls his wounded butt out of danger in the heat of battle. It's a NAVY Corpsman.

Marine down! Corpsman UP!

[snip]
Uh-rah, Doc. Where'd ya take Hospital Corps School?

bob franks
Company 7133, May '71
G.Lakes

G

Gary

I've never served. My wife is a Marine. Because of my medical, and tactical medic training, I've taken the entire Corpsman training/Devil Doc schooling though. I've been to Pendleton for Devil Doc.

The Navy sponsored it through the US Naval Sea Cadet program. I was a Commanding Officer for a local unit, and we worked closely with the Navy. I also got Scuba certified by Seal Team 4 when they were visiting Florida. My unit was the only unit in the US at the time chartered to specialize in Corpsman training.

I like to kid Ashlar now and again. He knows I'm kidding. At least I hope he does. Artillery brings Looong range destruction with very large ordinance.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
This is why we Marines like the Navy , they give us rides wherever we need to go and they provide us with chaplains and corpsman , so Marines can do what they do best .

Winter

I've been here before
LOL I bet you've heard them all, Brother! My roommate when I first left active duty was a Marine and he taught me a lot of good jokes involving the Corps. :)

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Some jokes I don't mind . Just as long you never , ever call a Marine a SOLDIER and your good to go . That is nothing less than a slap in the face to a Marine .