Building Boaz Book Challenge

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Are you thinking Pike???

A group of like-minded individuals who make good men great. By specualtively using the operatative.

FF Sparky

Some do not want to learn , but merely go through the motions . Here we find men who have no idea what it is to be Masons , their foundations weak , their Temples are flawed. And we have all seen some who should have never made it through the West gate , as hard as we try , some slide in .
I didn't know what Freemasonry was about till I talk to 2 gentlemen when I petitioned. I didnt know there was rituals and ceremonies. I just wanted to be a part of a great organization. Great at what? I didn't know. What did they do? Same answer...I didn't know. I just wanted to be a Mason. Now that I'm in and have been raised and doing some research and talking with you guys.....I have been living somewhat like a Mason without even knowing. I'm still a very rough ashlar, but I'm chiseling away little at a time.

CoachN

Builder Builder
Question 3: What is the central theme of the Work of Entered Apprentice Masons?
Preparing to Learn.
  1. Time Management
  2. Emotional Management
  3. Moral Management
  4. Divestment - Vs&Ss
  5. Investment - Virtues
Question 4: What must Entered Apprentice Masons Work upon?

G

Gary

Preparing to Learn.
  1. Time Management
  2. Emotional Management
  3. Moral Management
  4. Divestment - Vs&Ss
  5. Investment - Virtues
Question 4: What must Entered Apprentice Masons Work upon?

I'll take a stab at it...

Numbers four and five on your list. Doing so will enable them to work towards mastery of numbers one through three.

CoachN

Builder Builder
I'll take a stab at it...

Numbers four and five on your list. Doing so will enable them to work towards mastery of numbers one through three.
Sorry Brother. All of them were offered as a response to the previous question, not offered as a list for the next question.

BTW - I left out:
6) Values Assessment
7) Establishment of Standards and Boundaries​

Please forgive me for my omissions.

F&S,

Coach N

G

Gary

LOL! I crashed and burned! Ouch!

To me, all of the degrees are inherently inter connected. It may be a misunderstanding on my part, but I find myself reviewing the first degree work to better enable me to do the work required in the other degrees. My brain is wired a little different.

BTW- I look forward to some schooling in this department, which I'm sure is soon to follow. :eek:

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
They must Work on their Ashlars upon the Threshing-floor.

Question 5: Why the Threshing-floor?
The Threshing Floor is where the grain [truth] is winnowed from the chaff [noise].

S&F

(finally, one I feel I can answer!)