Building Boaz Book Challenge

CoachN

Builder Builder
Question 1: According to what is written about Ritual, what is the purpose to which Candidates Enter Masonry?

Even though I am rather bashful, I will dip my toes in the water here ..... getting our passions under control and improvement....????

I like Buckeyes answer too.... Remember, Coach said what is written about ritual..... not what we as masons know the real purpose is.....

G

Gary

To rephrase Coaches question;

What did you come here to do?

Answer; To learn. But first, you need to learn how to do that.

To rephrase Coaches question;

What did you come here to do?

Answer; To learn. But first, you need to learn how to do that.
I agree 100% but I offer this; is learning how to learn the purpose the candidate enters masonry for??? OR is learning how to learn part of the work once the candidate has been obligated and now is a Brother and no longer a candidate....

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Some do not want to learn , but merely go through the motions . Here we find men who have no idea what it is to be Masons , their foundations weak , their Temples are flawed. And we have all seen some who should have never made it through the West gate , as hard as we try , some slide in .

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I advance that the kind of people attracted to Freemasonry are those with a sense of curiosity and wonder. They are more typically the kind of people who would drop rocks into a still pond, not to scare the fish but rather to watch the concentric waves and who they interact with other objects. The more esoteric of us might even have a zen garden to create those waves statically.

G

Gary

Well, the generic answer is:

"A peculiar system of morality, veiled in allegory, and illustrated by symbols."

I know that's not what you are looking for, but I don't have your book here with me at the moment..

In the past (and present too), it has been defined but I would say it is more of a description but here is what I have heard it defined as:

"Taking good men and making them better"

Edit note..... not my definition, just one I have heard and threw it into the mix for discussion sake

Mackey????..... Bobby Mackey????......:p