Checking on your children

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
For the parents of older children here. When do you stop checking on your child(ren) when they are sleeping?

FF Sparky

at 10 o'clock when the news channels says It's ten o'clock, do you know where your children are?", worst public message I have ever heard. Yeah I know where they are, in bed where they are suppose to be. I always check as long as they are under my roof.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
FF Sparky. I remember those. I think I've been extra worried after someone lost their 3 month (to the day) baby to SIDS. I'm constantly checking on them lately, not that I did not do it less then a few times before.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has/does check on their little ones.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
SIDS is every parents nightmare. It's no walk in the park for a Paramedic either.

I check on my kids every night too. My 14 year old knows follow the rules. I know where he is at all times.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Our 6 boys range from 24 - 42 years old and my wife still wants to check on them when they are home, but usually we are asleep before they are. At least I am, but I still wake up way before they do. LOL

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
I have a friend of mine who has two teenage daughters. He has a home alarm system that somehow he is able to have two codes to disarm the system. He and his wife are the only ones who have the codes when the alarm is set at night, so if anyone were to sneak in or out, the alarm would sound and the girls couldn't unlock it. Not sure if THEY know this or not, or even if he was just pulling my chain. I'm just glad I'm having a boy.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I have a friend of mine who has two teenage daughters. He has a home alarm system that somehow he is able to have two codes to disarm the system. He and his wife are the only ones who have the codes when the alarm is set at night, so if anyone were to sneak in or out, the alarm would sound and the girls couldn't unlock it. Not sure if THEY know this or not, or even if he was just pulling my chain. I'm just glad I'm having a boy.
If you have a boy, you will worry about him all the time.
If you have a girl, you will worry about ALL the boys all the time!:3-laugh1:

S&F

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
If you have a girl, you will worry about ALL the boys all the time!:3-laugh1:

S&F
That is why I say you need to belong to DADD. Dads Against Daughters Dating. If you shoot the first one, word will spread. :3-crackup:

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
That is why I say you need to belong to DADD. Dads Against Daughters Dating. If you shoot the first one, word will spread. :3-crackup:
Proud member for 4 years and counting. Plus I'm expecting each of you to come over and help with the "shock and awe"

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
When I was a teen , I always wondered why their fathers disliked me . Now I know , they were after the same thing I was when they were teens .

Mark Farrin

Having 5 children at home from the ages of 17 to 7, checking is a endless task, there are many more bad people out there than I remember as a child. The days of leaving the keys in your car and the front door unlocked have gone with the wind. the internet is a new invasion of privacy for children, children can even bully children on the internet. I do not let my children have accounts on face Book or other social media. It is up to us to watch over out children, the village is full of idiots so to quote Hillary "it takes a village". I say no the village is not what it used to be..............

mokanik

I have 2 boys (14,13) and 1 girl (12). I am always cheking on them. I even have my boys checking on my daughter LOL.

Having 5 children at home from the ages of 17 to 7, checking is a endless task, there are many more bad people out there than I remember as a child. The days of leaving the keys in your car and the front door unlocked have gone with the wind. the internet is a new invasion of privacy for children, children can even bully children on the internet. I do not let my children have accounts on face Book or other social media. It is up to us to watch over out children, the village is full of idiots so to quote Hillary "it takes a village". I say no the village is not what it used to be..............
This is so true. I feel bad for my two daughters - Daddy works in information security and knows how to monitor. :1-say-yes:

Mark Farrin

My daughters also get mad at me. I work in Private Security, and Personal Protection. I train with all the local police departments and their K-9 Teams, so knowing them is very helpful. But I also remember when Mom or Dad said they didnt like this guy or girl, That made me like them even more. So the old catch 22 to like the boyfriend of my daughters or not. I will give them credit they know that the boy better never honk and expect them to come running out the door. They have instructed all of their boy callers to get out of the car, knock on the door and ask permission to take my daughter out. So I am doing something right I hope.