Coin, Scissors symbol, see pictures

paul79

Hello, I am currently studying the history of our local masonic chapter 12 in Mankato MN. I have a masonic penny (one of the keepsake type of coins that state "ONE PENNY" on the front and on the back have different symbols depending on the chapter. This coin is for the Chapter # 7 in Mankato MN and includes a symbol of a pair of scissors, which I am unable to find any information on. I have read through several historical documents for the Mankato Masonic Temple but have found no reference to the symbol or the coin. I believe the coin to be circa 1910 - 30. Primarily my question is regarding the symbol of the scissors. Can anyone tell me about the symbolism of scissors within the freemason society? Any information would be much appreciated. See attached pictures. I apologize for the repeat post but I couldn't add the pictures to the previous post already created.

Attachments

Zack

The scissors are not a Masonic symbol.

The coin is a York Rite item and the scissors are a personal "symbol", maybe connected with his occupation.

Not being a York Rite Mason, I don't know any of the particulars about the symbolism of the coin itself but A York Rite member will surely be along in a while and explain it to you.

CoachN

Builder Builder
Since HA was also an artificer of every cutting instrument of brass and iron -- as is every Master Mason who passes to MM -- it doesn't surprise me to see metal shears appearing on a Masonic coin.

It's about time one showed up!

Casey

MM, RAM, 32nd.
The scissors are not a Masonic symbol.

The coin is a York Rite item and the scissors are a personal "symbol", maybe connected with his occupation.

Not being a York Rite Mason, I don't know any of the particulars about the symbolism of the coin itself but A York Rite member will surely be along in a while and explain it to you.
You rang?

That's a Mark Master's mark, given after completion of the Mark Master Degree. To any Mark Master, that is a coin of tremendous symbolic value.

The keystone with HTWSSTKS around the center is directly related to that Degree. The symbols in the center- ribbon with scissors and the square- are that man's personal mark. Mine is my avatar- my initials interlocking with an ancient mathematical symbol of completion.

You rang?

That's a Mark Master's mark, given after completion of the Mark Master Degree. To any Mark Master, that is a coin of tremendous symbolic value.

The keystone with HTWSSTKS around the center is directly related to that Degree. The symbols in the center- ribbon with scissors and the square- are that man's personal mark. Mine is my avatar- my initials interlocking with an ancient mathematical symbol of completion.
Paul,
I was about to type the same thing as Casey, and he beat me to it:) Mark Master is the first degree in Royal Arch Masonry in York Rite. If and when you gain interest in the York Rite, your current Master Nathan, and most recent PM Mikel are both members of the Owatonna bodies, which I also belong to. Seek out their knowledge.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I was going to type out the same thing also . My Mark is a mix of the mine and my wife's initials . Gee , I hope we do not get a divorce .