Community service .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have been thinking of ideas for my lodge to help out the community . One of my ideas was to have our members donate school backpacks and supplies for needy children at the beginning of the school year . Another was to get members of the lodge to donate their time and canned food to our local soup kitchen . They have a coat drive in my area so I thought maybe get our members to donate coats in the winter for the needy in the name of the lodge .

I'm still pondering on more ideas to get our name out there . Anyone else have any ideas feel free to share .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Our lodge has a tote for canned goods by the door. We donate it regularly. We also support a local middle school program for needy children. Often buying school supplies and such.

There have been a few news reports I've posted here from other lodges that have interested me. Pumpkin carving was one of them. I think another one was buying a food basket for people during Thanksgiving or Christmas.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
No problem. Another thing I would love to is do a Santa type thing for kids. Dress up like Santa and hand out presents to the kids. Maybe have parents write in with what their kids want, pick and item or two and then give it to them. Maybe have a dinner too.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Thanks. As I can come up with them, I'll post them if you wish.

Since I love fireworks, I thought about putting on a small show at the Lodge, but I think that would bring up way too many legal issues.

I'm sure some Lodges will also do an Easter Egg painting day.