News DC trip

goomba

My wife and I lived in the DC area for 8 years. One of our favorite things was the zoo and admission is free!

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Don't forget to take pics to share with us! One of these days I'll get back to DC. I didn't see nearly as much as I'd like to have seen.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Just back, pics when I get time to get them off the camera.
The George Washington Masonic Memorial was very cool.
Saw a few S&Cs in Arlington Cemetery today.

Has anyone noticed that the National Mall is laid out east/West?
Or that the Capitol Building is in the East? Lincoln in the West, and the Washington monument in the middle (think altar)?

FF Sparky

When I get to the WM chair I want to plan a trip to DC(only a 6 hour bus ride) Maybe an over nighter. I'm starting to look everything up to make an itinerary.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
My GL was invited to DC this Summer , We are going to open Grand Lodge at the George Washington Masonic Memorial. I would go but I am not about to dish out all that money for the trip .

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
My GL was invited to DC this Summer , We are going to open Grand Lodge at the George Washington Masonic Memorial. I would go but I am not about to dish out all that money for the trip .
There are very nice Lodge rooms there the North and the South and then there is the replica Lodge room that is setup with antiques fro GW's time.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I bet it is beautiful , I would love to go but my money is going toward my trip to Florida in August . My old Marine Corps buddies and I are going to have a small reunion in Bradenton .

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I bet it is beautiful , I would love to go but my money is going toward my trip to Florida in August . My old Marine Corps buddies and I are going to have a small reunion in Bradenton .
I'm not sure how you feel about camping, but Greenbelt National Forrest is only $16- per night and is 13 miles from the White House.