Dinner

R

removed121010

I have not met any of the men in the lodge in my town
I have gotten in contact and filled out my petition
I have not gotten my signatures yet
But what I want to know is should I bring anything to the lodge dinner?
what should I wear?
I just need advice I would hate to unknowingly disrespect the lodge

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I have not met any of the men in the lodge in my town
I have gotten in contact and filled out my petition
I have not gotten my signatures yet
But what I want to know is should I bring anything to the lodge dinner?
what should I wear?
I just need advice I would hate to unknowingly disrespect the lodge
One of the purposes of the dinner is for you to meet the brethren and for them to meet you. When both sides are comfortable, you will get your signatures.

Don't bring anything to the dinner unless you are specifically asked to. Candidates in my Lodge are honored guests. They pay for nothing until they are Raised (become Master Masons, the third degree) and they are sent to the front of the line for food and drink.

You should wear a suit and tie.

Relax and enjoy yourself. You are taking the first steps in a life-long journey. If it all works out, you will be calling these guys "Brother" soon.

I look forward to calling you Brother.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
One of the purposes of the dinner is for you to meet the brethren and for them to meet you. When both sides are comfortable, you will get your signatures.

Don't bring anything to the dinner unless you are specifically asked to. Candidates in my Lodge are honored guests. They pay for nothing until they are Raised (become Master Masons, the third degree) and they are sent to the front of the line for food and drink.

You should wear a suit and tie.

Relax and enjoy yourself. You are taking the first steps in a life-long journey. If it all works out, you will be calling these guys "Brother" soon.

I look forward to calling you Brother.
I would add to this to relax, the Masons that I have met (both face to face and here in the E-Lodge) are good people and want to get to know you, so be yourself. The dinner will be fun, probably some laughter, and some talk about what Freemasonry is all about.

Let us know how it goes!

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
simpleservant, above all don't be afraid to ask questions, the more you ask and get answers the better you will know the men who are members of the lodge you petitioned. We all love this fraternity and want to help others to join and learn to love it too. So go to the dinners and ask and you shall be answered.

Oh and by the way ...... keep us informed of your progress.

Custer.....look more closely to other postings by this person....they just dont add up....I believe we have a troll in the house...

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
fireman -- you may be right, I did as you suggested and things don't add up with his statements........