Fine alcohol

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I love good single malt scotch. Oban is my favorite right now. I also like some good ol' apple pie. I also have a bottle of cherries soaking in some 'shine. Those make ice cream taste even better.
Never had any Oban , what is the price tag on that , and I like my Scotch old enough to date (or vote) ? I am a Glenlivet man but would like to try some others .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
[snip]... it is typically Bushmills. [snip]
I, too, enjoy Bushmills. I can never understand why Jamesons has better sales!
I used to drink Scotch regularly, but since that last trip to Eire...
Not to mention smooth Irish stouts. I used to like Guinness, until we went to Cork and I had some Beamish Irish Stout. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be importing it anymore, but I can find Murphy's at the Class VI on base. After tasting the Cork stouts, Guinness is harsh and bitter.
When we have Mexican, I order Negro Modelo.

And then there is that FINE corn derivative that I enjoy on my trip to Louisa, KY each fall for a black powder shoot. The first I ever had there was made by an 80 year old man who started out carrying sticks up to grampa's still as a toddler, and never worked at anything else. He was retired from the business and only made 40 gallons a week. It was like spring water on my tongue, then my ears lit up!

S&F

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Funny thing is , I gave up drinking for YEARS . I used to over indulge and with the company I kept , I would tend to get into trouble . I now drink with my brethren and I am far more mellow . But that comes with age and the alcohol I am drinking now , no more cheap crap . I do not want to get sloppy drunk off of good scotch/bourbon .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I, too, enjoy Bushmills. I can never understand why Jamesons has better sales!
I used to drink Scotch regularly, but since that last trip to Eire...
Not to mention smooth Irish stouts. I used to like Guinness, until we went to Cork and I had some Beamish Irish Stout. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be importing it anymore, but I can find Murphy's at the Class VI on base. After tasting the Cork stouts, Guinness is harsh and bitter.
When we have Mexican, I order Negro Modelo.

And then there is that FINE corn derivative that I enjoy on my trip to Louisa, KY each fall for a black powder shoot. The first I ever had there was made by an 80 year old man who started out carrying sticks up to grampa's still as a toddler, and never worked at anything else. He was retired from the business and only made 40 gallons a week. It was like spring water on my tongue, then my ears lit up!

S&F
I love Guinness !

If you come up here this Fall , we have to get together and partake of some good 'shine or Kentucky bourbon .

Bob Franks

I would look forward to it. We'll be driving up on November 1st, and back on the 4th.
Roundbottom Shoot in Prichard, WV is Saturday and the Turkey Shoot in Louisa (Blaine, actually) on Sunday.
Deep fried turkey Saturday night!!! Join us?

S&F

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I would look forward to it. We'll be driving up on November 1st, and back on the 4th.
Roundbottom Shoot in Prichard, WV is Saturday and the Turkey Shoot in Louisa (Blaine, actually) on Sunday.
Deep fried turkey Saturday night!!! Join us?

S&F
Blaine !?!? It is a good thing you go in armed LOL . J/K , great bunch of guys up there .

Bob Franks

It's probably the safest place in the world with all of us walking around with guns that can shoot a 5" group at 60 yards.

I can put the palm of my hand over all 16 shots on my spotter target at the Alvin York shoot 6 weeks ago...and I only placed 60th out of 160 shooters. :confused:
There were guys (and gals) there that are GOOD shooters!

I also saw a lot of S&Cs on shooter's boxes, personal chunks (forestock supports), and rear bumpers.

S&F

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
All I know is there is NOTHING in Blaine . A store , a post office , a bank and a Masonic lodge ..... that's it .

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
Jack Daniels Single Barrel, Famous Grouse or any fine Scotch / Whiskey/ Bourbon. Although if I have a nice steak, then it's usually a Grey Goose martini- dirty.

MWS

A Scotch drinker in the winter, rum in the summer...but have recently been testing the bourbon waters. Sipping through a bottle of Labrot & Graham Woodford Reserve and a Booker's Bourbon. Next will be the Bulleit Bourbon Frontier Whiskey. Interesting how the bourbons use the "ey" rather than "y"...I had assumed that was reserved for Irish whiskeys with all else being whisky. Anyway, neither here nor there...something to be contemplated over a wee dram...on a Saturday afternoon...

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
recently been testing the bourbon waters. Sipping through a bottle of Labrot & Graham Woodford Reserve
Woodford Reserve is a fine bourbon . In my neck of the woods you can take a trip on the "Bourbon Trail" which you visit (and taste test) a few different distilleries . Woodford Reserve is one of the stops , along with Buffalo Trace which are my two favorite Kentucky Bourbons . By the time you are through taste testing your way through it , you are feeling pretty darn good .

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Having a Batch 19, Pre-prohibition Lager. Nice, had it on tap at the brewery a year or so ago. The bottled is just as good. Cute bottle too.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Woodford Reserve is a fine bourbon . In my neck of the woods you can take a trip on the "Bourbon Trail" which you visit (and taste test) a few different distilleries . Woodford Reserve is one of the stops , along with Buffalo Trace which are my two favorite Kentucky Bourbons . By the time you are through taste testing your way through it , you are feeling pretty darn good .

Heard good things about it. My experience with bourbon however is typically limited to Maker's Mark. Maybe one day with time and money I can expand upon that.