First Stated Meeting

Josh

I know its been a while since I been on here, I graduated, other good stuff, have not had the time I would of liked to have lol but, I went to my first meeting last Monday, I got to vote on a member, that was nice, and i'm being considered for the percivent (i think to you guys its inner guard) (something like that) (its the guy that locks the doors and stuff, but not the Tyler, on Google the percivent doesn't exist, just the inner guard, but my lodge calls somebody else the inner guard, i'm not sure, were Pennsylvanian lol, were weird) next year I think, they had me come in tonight and showed me what that guy does and all of that and i THINK i'm filling in for him on Tuesday for a new entered apprentice. Very exciting

arcxjo

Goat Jockey
Congrats.

N.b. The "Pursuivant" (literally "one who pursues") is a frequent "starter" chair, and a good place to get involved without having to learn (much) dialogue. There is no such thing as an IG at all in PA, Pursuivant is its analogue at both the GL and subordinate levels.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Congrats.

N.b. The "Pursuivant" (literally "one who pursues") is a frequent "starter" chair, and a good place to get involved without having to learn (much) dialogue. There is no such thing as an IG at all in PA, Pursuivant is its analogue at both the GL and subordinate levels.
Isn't it the same thing if you also have a Tyler? It would seem to me that the name just changed. But then, I'm asking for clarification as I don't know if this is true or not.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Congrats.

We have neither Inner Guard or Pursuivant in NC (AF&AM). The Junior Deacon is responsible to carry messages, bring in candidates, and see the lodge tyled.
Our usual progression is Junior Steward, Senior Steward, Junior Deacon, Senior Deacon, Junior Warden, Senior Warden, Master. Some lodges start officers as Chaplain or Tyler, others keep these positions for years. The Secretary and Treasurer are generally stable positions. The Marshall is typically a temporary appointment in our lodges, for installations and special events, but on the Grand Lodge Level is in the Line.
Our Stewards do not have speaking parts.

S&F

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We have a Grand Pursuivant in the Grand Line , but none in our Subordinate lodges . We also have a Junior Deacon , he is to carry messages , see that the lodge is duly Tyled , keep off all non-Masons when at labor and see that no one enters without the Master's permission . The JD is to never leave his post unless he has someone else fill his chair while he is away from his position . Like the Tyler and the outer door , the inner door is to never go unguarded .