Fishing

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I am a hillbilly , I have been noodling , what do you want ?
I've thought about that. I do not know if I would use my bare hands. Gators, I can sort of deal with. But I have a strong dislike of snakes in the wild. I know people say water moccasins are not aggressive, but I've seen some nasty ones that would not give up. Say it is false all you want, but I have no problem dispatching them nasty critters. I do try and remove nonpoisonous snakes to a safe place though.

But then again in my younger years I've run on the flats with a spear and catching sting rays, sometimes in waist high water. Not sure what that makes me.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I've thought about that. I do not know if I would use my bare hands. Gators, I can sort of deal with. But I have a strong dislike of snakes in the wild. I know people say water moccasins are not aggressive, but I've seen some nasty ones that would not give up. Say it is false all you want, but I have no problem dispatching them nasty critters. I do try and remove nonpoisonous snakes to a safe place though.

But then again in my younger years I've run on the flats with a spear and catching sting rays, sometimes in waist high water. Not sure what that makes me.
When I say noodling , I am talking about wading a creek , reaching back into holes at the water line and pulling out snapping turtles , not bare handing catfish . If you never had turtle stew , it is worth it .

I have been lucky and never stuck my hand back in a hole and pulled it out with a water moccasin or muskrat attached . And I never had to contend with gators .

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member

I agree with you. Water Moccasins are most definitely aggressive. I've treated too many bites for that to be false. The darn things will flat out attack anything remotely near them, and they bite more than once.

When I say noodling , I am talking about wading a creek , reaching back into holes at the water line and pulling out snapping turtles , not bare handing catfish . If you never had turtle stew , it is worth it .

I have been lucky and never stuck my hand back in a hole and pulled it out with a water moccasin or muskrat attached . And I never had to contend with gators .
Snapping turtles can take a finger off or worse... You my brother are crazy!!! LOL !!!

You won't catch me reaching into a hole that I can't see into.