News Florida Trip

Winter

I've been here before
I'm almost there! Tired of driving so I'm crashing at a hotel near Macom, GA. Looking forward to being home in St. Petersburg and meeting my Brothers down there.

I'm almost there! Tired of driving so I'm crashing at a hotel near Macom, GA. Looking forward to being home in St. Petersburg and meeting my Brothers down there.
Macon GA..... boy do I have some good stories from there.... BTW...a bit of music trivia... Barry Oakley and Duane Allman are buried there side by side... they died just over a year apart in motorcycle crashes almost at the same spot.....

Anyways... safe travels.....

G

Gary

Looking forward to meeting you too!

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I'll warn you, I came through Friday night. The troopers are out. I'm guessing you will be taking 75 down. I cannot remember if there are any speed traps on the way. But watch it. I know a few towns on 19 set the speed limit at 30, and you have to do under it, or they will get you. Orlando area can get some heavy traffic too.

Otherwise have fun. It is hot here. Sweating more then in TX. You made it in time for our Grand Masters visit too. I believe it is the 15th. Can double check if you are interested.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I shall miss your mental stature in WS meetings, but you won't be a stranger on this forum, know that there is a room/bed for you in MKE, if you are in need.

Winter

I've been here before
I'm here. Getting settled in. I'm loving this heat and humidity! LOL You guys can keep the frozen tundra. The trip was no problem. I never had to worry about the speed traps since I was in a Mazda Protege5 hauling a UHaul trailer, so I was happy when I was hitting 55-60 MPH. Boy was that nerve wracking through the mountains in Tennessee and Georgia.

Jason, I'm interested in the GM's visit. Let me know. I'm looking forward to getting active down here.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Jason, I'm interested in the GM's visit. Let me know. I'm looking forward to getting active down here.

Glad you made it ok.

Grand Master's Official Visit to Districts 20 & 21
Friday, July 15 · 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Masonic Home Of Florida & St. Petersburg Lodge No. 139
3201 1st Street NE
Saint Petersburg, Florida

Registration for the event will be at 5:30 PM in the Lobby of the Masonic Home (ALL MASTER MASONS MUST HAVE A CURRENT DUES CARD). Dinner will be at 6:30 PM in the Masonic Home Dining Room. The Tyled Meeting will begin after the Dinner (as close to 7:30 as we can get) at St. Petersburg Lodge No. 139. Parking available across the street in the garage. Ladies Program with the Dali Museum will be in the Masonic Home Board Room at the same time. We hope to see as many brothers from both Districts Come out!

Also have these this month:
DDGM Officical Visit
Pearl of the West Masonic Lodge #146
6319 Louisiana Ave
New Port Richey, FL
Thursday, July 7 · 7:30pm - 10:30pm

DDGM Official Visit to Dunedin
Monday, July 18 · 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Dunedin Lodge # 192
1297 Michigan Blvd
Dunedin, Florida

Winter

I've been here before
Thanks Jason,

Doubtful I'll be at the meeting this Thursday. But will definitely try to make the GM visit next Friday at 139.

I'm still not completely settled so I am only on my laptop when I get a chance.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Thanks Jason,

Doubtful I'll be at the meeting this Thursday. But will definitely try to make the GM visit next Friday at 139.

I'm still not completely settled so I am only on my laptop when I get a chance.
Maybe I'll get to see you there. Then again, I forgot yesterday was Thursday and spent the day thinking it was Wednesday. The wife came home and asked me why I was not at lodge. Hopefully the same will not happen then.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Maybe I'll get to see you there. Then again, I forgot yesterday was Thursday and spent the day thinking it was Wednesday. The wife came home and asked me why I was not at lodge. Hopefully the same will not happen then.
That's what happens when you get off your medications!

:D