freemason academy

Winter

I've been here before
It has the logo and link prominent on the front page for the Philalethes Society that appears to imply endorsement or sponsorship. If this turns out to be the case it would make it credible.

Winter

I've been here before
I registered for the Academy to see what it is they offer. Here is what I found out.

Freemason Academy Membership
Unlimited Access to All 100 Level Courses

These courses contain general knowledge about the fraternity, and provide a foundation upon which a new Mason may build their knowledge, and where a person who has questions about Freemasonry can find answers.
Membership in The Freemason Academy is open to all registered users, and is available for $50 annually.

Master Mason Membership
Unlimited Access to All 100, 200, & 300 Level Courses

Master Mason Membership provides unlimited access to Academy resources.
Master Mason Membership is open to verified Master Masons, and is available for $75 annually.

Lodge Membership
Unlimited Access to All 100, 200, & 300 Level Courses for 10 Users

Lodge Membership provides unlimited access to Academy resources for up to 10 lodge members. This is an excellent way to provide the lodge officers, or any other members, with unrestricted access to the courses and forums offered here.
Lodge Membership is open to verified lodges, and is available for $500 annually.

I may bite the bullet and register for the MM Membership to see how their courses are. I will post a review of their lessons for quality and content when I do so.

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
I may bite the bullet and register for the MM Membership to see how their courses are. I will post a review of their lessons for quality and content when I do so.
Awesome Brother! I look forward to your review. For some reason, I suspect the review will be pretty in depth. LOL

Also, it looks as if they only have eight courses right now...

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I wonder if we could do a group buy here. It would be $50 a person if we did the Lodge buy. But I am not sure how that would work since we are not a Lodge.

G

Gary

I wonder if we could do a group buy here. It would be $50 a person if we did the Lodge buy. But I am not sure how that would work since we are not a Lodge.
There is only one way to find out! Contact them and tell them about our forum. If we had a list of people interested, the numbers may be in our favor to convince them to allow what you suggest.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I would be interested , but it is yet one more thing I would have to pay for . Between dues , dinners , grand lodge communications , Grand YR communication , Grand OES communication , traveling to district meetings , traveling to area/Arch meetings in the YR , traveling to SR reunions etc; etc; , Freemasonry will nickle and dime a man to death if he lets it and opts for it .

I would be interested , but it is yet one more thing I would have to pay for . Between dues , dinners , grand lodge communications , Grand YR communication , Grand OES communication , traveling to district meetings , traveling to area/Arch meetings in the YR , traveling to SR reunions etc; etc; , Freemasonry will nickle and dime a man to death if he lets it and opts for it .
I have an easy answer to stop this.... say NO... it is a word many MM need to learn...

G

Gary

I have an easy answer to stop this.... say NO... it is a word many MM need to learn...
It may be an 'easy' answer, but it's not any easy task to perform. For example, you belong to your Lodge, YR, and SR! :eek::confused:

It may be an 'easy' answer, but it's not any easy task to perform. For example, you belong to your Lodge, YR, and SR! :eek::confused:
Yea... BUT I do say NO to all three ALL the time;)....... I never said not to join...just learn to say NO.....:p

AND!!!!...on the cost issue, if I eliminated the most expensive of the three, I would have to drop the two appendant bodies as well......

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Which Brother held the gun to your head and MADE you join YR & SR? :p

In my case, I don't have that many free nights to be able to properly care for that many memberships.

G

Gary

In my case, I don't have that many free nights to be able to properly care for that many memberships.
That question must be directed at Fireman. I don't belong to any appendant bodies. None of them would have me anyways. :eek:

None it was of my own free will and accord......

Same here that is why I OFTEN say NO to EACH..... these appendant bodies or lodge ONLY become a burden if one lets them..... Do I think others are offended or even mad because I tell them NO...absolutely.... does it make a hill of beans to me that they are NOPE.... I was told Masonry wouldnt interfere with my personal life and I am holding them to it....

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
None it was of my own free will and accord......

Same here that is why I OFTEN say NO to EACH..... these appendant bodies or lodge ONLY become a burden if one lets them..... Do I think others are offended or even mad because I tell them NO...absolutely.... does it make a hill of beans to me that they are NOPE.... I was told Masonry wouldnt interfere with my personal life and I am holding them to it....
It is all about due bounds and the realization that we each control our involvement, I applaud your resolve.