Freemasonry renounced by hundreds of Barbadians - anti?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Wednesday June 20, 2012 – Bajans are generally noted for welcoming visitors with open arms, but it didn’t work out quite that way last week when Members of the Grand Order of United Scottish Mechanics of the Universe Incorporated assembled in Barbados for their first convention outside Britain.

While the visitors from Guyana and Birmingham were convening with their local counterparts, hundreds of Christians were participating in services in a week-long conference hosted by the House of Freedom that didn’t exactly – to put it mildly – root for the Masonic cause.

Activities included morning workshops at Restoration Ministries in Brittons Hill and nightly sessions at Sanctuary Empowerment Centre in Country Road, Bridgetown. They reached their zenith on Thursday night when hundreds of the faithful denounced Freemasonry and most of its beliefs and trappings.

At Thursday’s service, which was marked by bold renunciations from several pastors and declarations from government via Senator Reverend David Durrant, the congregation of about 700 at Sanctuary Empowerment Centre prayed against the “spirits of fear, death, secret rites and passwords, the love of position and power” and the “mingling of truth with error”.

Read more: http://www.caribbean360.com/index.php/news/barbados_news/590787.html#ixzz1yRVTYW2K

Winter

I've been here before
What the hell is the Grand Order of United Scottish Mechanics of the Universe Incorporated! If that is a branch of Freemasonry, I admit that I have never heard of it. Sound like the church there is on a crusade against fraternal orders.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
What the hell is the Grand Order of United Scottish Mechanics of the Universe Incorporated! If that is a branch of Freemasonry, I admit that I have never heard of it. Sound like the church there is on a crusade against fraternal orders.
I wonder how they made the leap also. I've been noticing a lot of anti stuff hitting the google news flag I have setup. Sadly the last two things posted have been the, well for lack of better words, the better quality stuff. Some of it I read a paragraph or two and think my 4 year old wrote it.