Freemasons raise $100k for trust

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
A HUNDRED thousand dollars is a big ask for a country service club, even if it has a big organisation behind it.
Coffs Coast Freemasons took on the job of raising $100,000 to launch the CanDo Cancer Trust and stuck to the task of two years to do it.
On Friday, Freemasons Norm Standing, Geoff Greenaway and Brian Freakley were on hand to accept a certificate of appreciation from the North Coast Cancer Institute and see the hard work begin to yield results.
Four patients have already been assisted by the Trust.
Mr Standing is the past chairman of the Coffs Coast Freemasons Association, Mr Greenaway is the current chairman and Mr Freakley was the Freemason who said it was possible.
“It was a fairly enthusiastic idea from Brian and Norm,” Mr Greenaway said. “Brian comes from a background of hard charity work and he assured us we could raise that sort of funds – which was unheard of in our circles.

more Freemasons raise $100k for trust | People and Places | Coffs Coast Advocate

BrianFreakley

Cancer Fundraising

Hi Every one Brian Freakley here,thank you for you comments, this was one hell of a 20 month journey which bought great fullfillment mentally and emotianally, some great times were had pounding the street meeting peops and putting freemasonry into the community as well as helping those who suffer financially as cancer sufferer's,
Yes it was a very humbling experiance, would I do it again ? it would be hard to say No, but it does have it's personal costs

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Congrats on your accomplishment. Well done, and bless those who are able to benefit from your efforts. Well done!

BrianFreakley

At it again

I couldnt keep away I am now helping the CanDo Cancer Trust as a volunteer fundraiser and we are Guuna have some fun doing it witha Salsa Carnival Ball will keep you all updated