From Fraternity Pledge to Masonry

thefourthinitiate

Entered Apprentice
I would never have bothered to consider Masonry as I did not understand it. However, in college I was initiated into Delta Tau Delta. Joining the Delt's opened my eyes and after college I wanted to be active in a Fraternal organization coincidentally one of my co-workers and I discussed the topic of Masonry and within a month I was initiated.

I was born into many thing however I chose to be a MASON. My journey has only started yet I am an eager seeker of light. I am still polishing myself as I aspire to cast away my impurities and ride the wave of light to transcendance.

thefourthinitiate

Entered Apprentice
I would never have bothered to consider Masonry as I did not understand it. However, in college I was initiated into Delta Tau Delta. Joining the Delt's opened my eyes and after college I wanted to be active in a Fraternal organization coincidentally one of my co-workers and I discussed the topic of Masonry and within a month I was initiated.

I was born into many thing however I chose to be a MASON. My journey has only started yet I am an eager seeker of light. I am still polishing myself as I aspire to cast away my impurities and ride the wave of light to transcendance.
I apologize for posting in the wrong section

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Welcome to Freemason Hall and enjoy .

Congrats on becoming an EA . Never been in a college Fraternity myself so I can not compare the two , but I do compare the Fraternity with the Marine Corps . After leaving the Corps , I was somewhat lost ,not in the direction to where my life was heading , but with brotherhood . I no longer had my Brother Marines there with me to have my back , to be there when I needed them and to help one another no matter what it took . I found that in Freemasonry .

Don

I do compare the Fraternity with the Marine Corps . After leaving the Corps , I was somewhat lost ,not in the direction to where my life was heading , but with brotherhood . I no longer had my Brother Marines there with me to have my back , to be there when I needed them and to help one another no matter what it took . I found that in Freemasonry .
I was a police officer for 16 years, a member of the FOP lodge, and eventually the VP of our lodge. I left police work to spend more time with my family. A decision I will never regret, however I too miss the comradeship and belonging to a close nit organization and brotherhood.
In addition, my grandfather was a proud Freemason. He wasn't a "joiner", so the fraternity must have meant a great deal to him. While there are any number of fraternal organizations out there that would satisfy my need for a brotherhood, It was my grandfather's membership and dedication that made me choose to petition my local lodge.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Mine was in the fire department, and ems. I spent soo many years with them, that it was as if I lost something when I "retired" from the departments. I found the same type of friendship in the fraternity. I miss it, but never regret the decisions I have made.