Greetings Brothers

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
OK, I am a bit confused.
Why does there need to be a separate Masonry in Australia, under the Prince Hall name? Is there something missing from Australian Masonry?
I see the development of PHA Masonry of the USA as part of the old racist "separate but equal" society. If men of African descent had been accepted as Masons in the new America after our revolution, it would not have happened this way. There would have been just...Masonry!
I see Masonry as 'bringing together men of every country, sect, and creed,' not as parallel and separate.

Now, let me back up a little and state that I do not advocate merging of the two systems in the USA, unless there could be desire for that, AND preservation of the rich traditions and history of the Craft, on both sides.

S&F

TH2012

Lets not forget that The Most Worshipful Prince Hall Lodges, internationally has Brothers, of all cultures not just African Americans, now as far as going back into history regardless of today's speculation, regardless of culture The Most Worshipful Prince Hall, has helped anyone in need in his travels internationally. The Most Worshipful Prince Hall, did not look at Masonry as separate. Lets not forget that he was a friend, of President George Washington, and was associated with John Hancock.
Australia, has a lot to offer of our craft and is powerful in doing so. I'am American, born and raised and now a Citizen, of both Countries, in saying that The Most Worshipful Prince Hall, has a chance for expansion and I'am behind this with my heart and soul.

S&F

TH2012

First of all, that is your opinion and second of all I live in Australia American born, I am very proud of what The Most Worshipful Prince Hall has done in history in regards to African Americans and all cultures. The main question that I want to know is why are you so set against The Most Worshipful Prince Hall? What you are doing in not believing that the two in parallel that in not believing in our craft as one body world wide does not work for me and that is my opinion. As I explained in my last message Australia, is very powerful in our craft in there own rights. So please before you write about The Most Worshipful Prince Hall history. Why don't you think of today? And what can be achieved today regardless of governing bodies and cultures.

Wallens05

Master Mason
I think what bro. Bob franks was saying is and please correct me if I'm wrong but he wasn't saying that PHA isn't a form of masonry PHA is excepted by most "mainstream" GL and even by the UGLE so he's not doubting there.

He's merely saying why add PHA in Australia if there is none because masonry is flourishing and prospering over there. And even when Australia has little to no racism unlike the USA witch is why PHA was founded for. I don't claim to know a lot about PHA that was just my interpretation of what bro. Franks was saying

Bro. Steven

Winter

I've been here before
<snip> Why don't you think of today? And what can be achieved today regardless of governing bodies and cultures.
I don't think anyone here is trying to take away from PHA. If you search this forum you will see that the majority of us are solidly behind PHA and have pushed for recognition in those jurisdictions where it is not to be found. I believe the poster was wondering why PHA would be established in a country that may not have issue with Masons from other cultures. You have to remember, even though PHA is regular, a separate GL in a jurisdiction is not seen as a positive thing.

jaya

I would think that you would need permission from the existing Grand lodges in Australia to charter lodges in their jurisdiction. It is a matter of jurisdiction and not about PHA at all. If you open lodges where there is already a regular GL, you are essentially opening a clandestine lodge. By doing so, you could be setting yourself up for a bad recognition fight worse than what has happened in the US.

TH2012

Brothers, I understand which you are saying, but this has been a little while in the making. I have a lot of support in this journey and that there has not been one Brother, that I have come across that was not in support. My mentor is in the utmost of expanding to Australia. I know how powerful Australia is within our studies, and what is accepted. But Brothers, my mentor is fully aware of what needs to be done. I would love to achieve this great accomplishment here in Australia. Brothers don't get me wrong, I appreciate all of your opinions and feed back, because we would not be of one if we didn't.

S&F