Had to change my signature.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
We have had stewards in past years, but none appointed this year, we have enough men, we get stand-ins for degrees.
My Lodge isn't a festive board Lodge, we have great dinners regularly, the OES has fish fry's, and our Table Lodge is well attended.

devlin

Laus Deo
First off , congrats .

Is it the norm for other jurisdiction's to have the JW deal with the meals ? In mine , that is the sole job of the Stewards .
lol, I've been away for a bit and trying to catch up... In our lodge the Stewards are the servers. They are not responsible for arranging the food just putting it on the table clearing it and being alert to bretheren coming in after the meal has started and checking if they are joining the meal and if so whipping up a place setting and getting them set with their meal.

I am a Sr. Steward currently... I can not cook at all so I'm a bit nervous about getting to Jr. Warden. I figure I have 3 years to learn unless someone decides to bow out then I am screwed! ;)

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
lol, I've been away for a bit and trying to catch up... In our lodge the Stewards are the servers. They are not responsible for arranging the food just putting it on the table clearing it and being alert to bretheren coming in after the meal has started and checking if they are joining the meal and if so whipping up a place setting and getting them set with their meal.

I am a Sr. Steward currently... I can not cook at all so I'm a bit nervous about getting to Jr. Warden. I figure I have 3 years to learn unless someone decides to bow out then I am screwed! ;)
You don't have to cook. Just organize and delegate the meals. At least that's how it works here. Some JW's cook, some have the line officers rotate bringing a meal.

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
In my lodge, we have different volunteers cook each month. Sometimes a wife will cook, sometimes we just cater, but usually there are enough volunteers. Rainbow serves for tips, as a fundraiser. The JW handles reservations and payments at the door.

goomba

In my lodge, we have different volunteers cook each month. Sometimes a wife will cook, sometimes we just cater, but usually there are enough volunteers. Rainbow serves for tips, as a fundraiser. The JW handles reservations and payments at the door.
I just came here after visiting a Christian website and forgot I wasn't on it any more. When I saw JW at the door I read Jehovah's Witness. :confused2: