Hello Cheap Energy, Hello Brave New World

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Over on Network World where I’ve had a gig as a columnist for about 18 years, in my Backspin column I wrote about a power generation system this week called E-Cat which is to be tested on October 28th.
If you’ve missed the recent brouhaha over the E-Cat (which stands for Energy Catalyzer), you’re missing out on a three ring circus over a technology that will either change everything or change nothing because what is promised is, in theory, power too cheap to be worth metering.
The E-Cat is a simple device albeit with functioning that defies all known explanations.
In summary, the E-Cat is a cold fusion (CF) device (the inventor, Andrea Rossi, prefers to term the technology “Low Energy Nuclear Reaction” which appears to be the same thing as CF but a less contentious phrasing). I’ll refer you to my Network World column for a more long-winded explanation of the background and theories about the device.

More Hello Cheap Energy, Hello Brave New World - Forbes

FF Sparky

I came up with the idea of a generator that is self supporting with an electric motor that runs it at less power, like an alternator in a car. as long as it spins, it generate electricity.

Azpir8king

If the test is Successful (actually produces as advertised) awesome. If the test ends with " more money would allow us to develop a working model" then its hokum....like cold fusion, solar power and wind power.