hello from kentucky/afghanistan

Michaelh_2006

Hello I would like to intro myself.My name is Michael and I am interested in becoming a freemason and a knight templar.I am interested in searchin and asking information on freemasons.Thank you

G

Gary

Welcome to Freemason Hall! Are you from Kentucky, and deployed in Afghanistan?

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Welcome! Ask questions, we will do our best to answer them.

1. Goat or not goat? In a truely metaphorical sense: yes

Michaelh_2006

I live in Richmond,Kentucky and deployed to Afghanistan with the Ky.National Guard.Had been reading the book Freemason for dummies recommended by the WM of the local lodge.Until I got busy and havent had chance to get back to it.
And Duncan as for the goat well I had heard very little bout that from my grandpa when he was a MM but it talks of it in the book.
I will be petitioning the local lodge when I return.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Ask anything you like , join in on the conversations and do not be shy . We are all a friendly bunch here .

G

Gary

I live in Richmond,Kentucky and deployed to Afghanistan with the Ky.National Guard.Had been reading the book Freemason for dummies recommended by the WM of the local lodge.Until I got busy and havent had chance to get back to it.
And Duncan as for the goat well I had heard very little bout that from my grandpa when he was a MM but it talks of it in the book.
I will be petitioning the local lodge when I return.
Good luck, and God speed for a safe return home.

Michaelh_2006

Thank you for allowing me to join the group but if it ok for now I will just gather information.So I dont ask what has been asked already.

G

Gary

That's fine. But don't be afraid to ask. We don't mind pointing you to a link or thread to help you get the information you want, or even answering the question if need be.

We are a little more relaxed than some forums when it comes to things like that.

Most of all, have fun. there is lots of material here. We go off topic quite a bit, but if you are looking for a particular subject use the search tool. It will pull up all of the threads that discuss the topic you searched for.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Welcome

Welcome to FH, Michael.
Keep your head down!

Sincerely and Fraternally
bob
CW2 NCArNG (ret)

Winter

I've been here before
Welcome Fellow Soldier! What's your MOS?

I was a 13B with the 1/126, 57th "Iron Brigade"

Glad to have you here. Keep your head down and powder dry.