Hello from Ohio

jimzdat

Just happened across this site; wanted to say hi. Currently a member of Belpre #609 here in Belpre, OH--in fact, my raising was March 25th

Only member of my family to be a Mason, so I may end up with questions that seem kinda simple at times

Jim

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Welcome to the forums, Hope you enjoy your stay. Don't hesitate to ask any question. We are all willing participants :)

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Greetings and salutations Jim. Do not worry, I'm the only Mason to my knowledge in my family. We all have to start off somewhere and the people here are great at helping. I have learned a lot from the great group of people here.

cemab4y

Welcome to Freemasonry, and welcome to the board. Masonry is a huge topic, and there is much for a new Mason to learn. There are two books, that will make an excellent beginning for you:

"The complete idiot's guide to Freemasonry" by Hodapp

and

"Freemasonry for Dummies"

Both of these are available from amazon.com

Have you decided if you wish to pursue any of the appendant bodies? I am a Scottish Rite Mason, and I enjoy the organization very much.

BAYOUMUD

Devine TX Lodge 590
Something in common..

I just happened across this site as well today, hoping to create some dialog with fellow Masons. I thought I was the only Mason in my family too... until I visited the grave site of my father's uncle, and my father's brother, last year. Both have the "square and compass" on their headstone. I immediately felt a stronger bond to them at that moment, even though I only knew them when I was a child. It was an interesting feeling.

My blue lodge is Devine (TX) 590. I'm also in Cooper Chapter and Council. Nice to meet everyone!