home brewing

G

Gary

The closest thing to home brew I get is maybe a Christian Moerlein or a Hudepohl...they both are beers from Cincinnati
You ought to try brewing a clone of Yuengling since it seems to be hard to get in your area. Extract brewing is easy, and many clones come as DIY kits with all the ingredients you need. Often times it is way cheaper than buying commercial beer. Tastes as good if not better than some brands.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
You ought to try brewing a clone of Yuengling since it seems to be hard to get in your area. Extract brewing is easy, and many clones come as DIY kits with all the ingredients you need. Often times it is way cheaper than buying commercial beer. Tastes as good if not better than some brands.
Been looking for a Yuengling clone. Would save me soooo much money. Midwest does not have any. I haven't tried the other ones yet. But I got three kits to try, a a wine to do. Plus I got my new toy and 3 oak casks to try. So I need to get around to them first.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I found a Porter clone here:
Austin Homebrew Supply

Their Smithwick's clone is spot on.
It's been like a dozen years since I've done anything with yeast but bread. I have developed a taste for Irish Stout, but I like the Cork Stouts: Beamish and behind that Murphey's. Guinness has a bitter bite, once you've tasted the Cork Stouts!
Unfortunately, Beamish does not seem to be imported anymore.:(

Anyone know where I could get a clone kit for my sweet smooth Beamish Irish Stout?

S&F

G

Gary

I need a homebrew kit for Monsters...the ones in the blue can.........:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
That's one is easy...

50 tablespoons of sugar, add copious amounts caffeine, ginseng <insert any legal stimulant you can think of here>, water, food coloring (for that cool look) and carbonate...LOL

Oh yeah, and put it in a big blue can with a snazzy logo on the side. :D

AWESOME.....bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................

BlueKnight

In search of light
I am a beginner home brewer. Done several all malt/partial grain brews. Last of the equipment is in the mail now to start whole grain brews.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
It's definately fun! But there is a good bit of stuff to know so you dont ruin it.
It just means you get something to help the lawn grow. The lawn loves beer, although you may want to water it down. Left over mash is good for veggies too.

Winter

I've been here before
I've done a couple extract brews and its fun. I've been watching videos about all grain brewing and that looks really fun. Thanks for the link to the Smythwicks clone. Hands down my favorite beer.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Does moonshine count , I do not make it but I know some who do . Their Peach moonshine is the best , apple moonshine is a close second . They do not make the rot gut stuff , but good quality 'shine .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Does moonshine count , I do not make it but I know some who do . Their Peach moonshine is the best , apple moonshine is a close second . They do not make the rot gut stuff , but good quality 'shine .
recipes? Not for me of course, but I know someone who would like to give it a whirl.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I will ask them , but they protect their recipes . They do not sell it for profit , just give it to friends to keep everyone such as the LEOs' happy .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I will ask them , but they protect their recipes . They do not sell it for profit , just give it to friends to keep everyone such as the LEOs' happy .
I would think that even distilling ethanol as a beverage (vs as a motor fuel), is illegal without the bundle of permits required, even if none is sold.
It wasn't that long ago that brewing beer and wine at home was still illegal, but ignored by authorities unless for profit.

S&F