How Freemasons Work

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
George Washington was one. So were Benjamin Franklin, Paul Revere and Henry Ford. All of these illustrious and influential men were Freemasons (or Masons) -- privileged members of the world’s oldest and largest fraternity.
Though it boasts 5 million members worldwide, the Freemasons are an enigmatic society. Freemasons say they are nothing more than a brotherhood of like-minded individuals who meet regularly for spiritual and intellectual enlightenment. Conspiracy theorists see them as a secretive underground movement bent on world domination.
In this article, we’ll take a look inside the world of the Freemasons. We’ll discover where they originated, separate the truth from the conspiracy theories and find out what really goes on during their rituals.

more HowStuffWorks "How Freemasons Work"

DavisB

The "Stuff you should know" podcast (by Howstuffworks.com) did an episode on Freemasons. I waited to listen to it until I was raised because I had no doubt they would give away "spoilers". I wasn't wrong. It was not well researched and as a big SYSK podcast fan, it made me doubt the validity of all of the other episodes they have made.

Edit:
Just skimmed the article, lots more information that is just incorrect contained in it. Not very well researched.