How have you been asked if you are a Mason.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
It's all in what ever bangs each and everyone's shutters in how they greet other Masons .

I do not pay attention to who is around me in public . I walk with my head down and get on with my business and I do not look for rings , hats , etc; etc; so I could be in a public setting crawling with Masons and I would not know it .

Winter

I've been here before
I do not pay attention to who is around me in public . I walk with my head down and get on with my business and I do not look for rings , hats , etc; etc; so I could be in a public setting crawling with Masons and I would not know it .
LOL, It looks like we are probably about as opposite as can be then! :)

I do look around too..... just not expecting a grip from a stranger...some of the Brothers in my Lodge give it while in lodge and some dont.... I always do especially to the new Brothers to make sure they know it....

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I look for rings and pins when I meet men in my travels. Other Masons seem to notice my ring quite frequently lately. I'd say about half of the Masons I meet use a grip and none have ever covered it.

I was buying new laces for my hiking boots in REI yesterday. There was a Police Officer trying on boots. He must have noticed my ring because he looked around, put out his hand and gave me a grip which I returned. I just said, "Good to meet you Brother. Happy Holidays." He said, "Same to you."

That was a bit different from my experiences with the Police from my college days :)

I had a kinda funny situation come up at work the other day..... since being scolded:eek: by Brother GaryE...(JK):D I have been taking my ring off at work for safety reasons....anyways, one of the guys I work with came up and said with a very puzzled look on his face..."Where is your ring??? I didnt think you are allowed to take it off"....I proceeded to ask if he knew any other Masons...and if he did would he not rat me out...:eek::eek::cool::D:p

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I will acknowledge a Mason if I do notice his ring , hat or what have you , I do not want to make it look like I would purposely ignore Brothers , I just do not make it a point to look at every ring , lapel pin , shirt or hat that men are wearing .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I had a kinda funny situation come up at work the other day..... since being scolded:eek: by Brother GaryE...(JK):D I have been taking my ring off at work for safety reasons....anyways, one of the guys I work with came up and said with a very puzzled look on his face..."Where is your ring??? I didnt think you are allowed to take it off"....I proceeded to ask if he knew any other Masons...and if he did would he not rat me out...:eek::eek::cool::D:p
Yes, some people are unfortunately more concerned with the symbol than the substance.
My wife was very upset with me when she found out NC National Guard required all rings removed while in a field uniform, for safety.
I had heard BTW that astronaut Neil Armstrong had to have a finger reimplanted after jumping off a farm truck and...you know how it happened.

S&F

Yes, some people are unfortunately more concerned with the symbol than the substance.
My wife was very upset with me when she found out NC National Guard required all rings removed while in a field uniform, for safety.
I had heard BTW that astronaut Neil Armstrong had to have a finger reimplanted after jumping off a farm truck and...you know how it happened.

S&F
???? He was lassoed by a rogue cowboy trying to alter history my capturing Neil as a child thus making an attempt for another man to be the first to walk on the moon....Copyright © 2010??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Laxguy38922

I never remove my ring, It was given to me by my parents as a christmas present and presented to me after I was raised by my Worshipful Master. I finally took it off to clean it and now nobody can find it. Once I find it, it's never coming off again :p

DavisB

???? He was lassoed by a rogue cowboy trying to alter history my capturing Neil as a child thus making an attempt for another man to be the first to walk on the moon....??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Must be. That was my first guess. Thats the plot line for Dan Brown's new book right?

G

Gary

If it isnt, it should be.....

If there any lawyers on here can you tell me if Dan does come out with a book with this plot line, can I clam royalities???
Put this after your idea-"Copyright © 2010" and it will help....

G

Gary

Thanks....hmmmm is it Chief GaryE???.......you did mention a white shirt....cant believe I let that one go this long....
Imperial Grand Poobah is more appropriate...:D

Actually, I hold the authority of a Battalion Chief without the Bugles. I deal with Quality Assurance/EMS protocol/ IT for our Patient Care Reporting Software. I don't deal with Combat OPS anymore.

When I was on the street, I was a Firefighter/Medic Assigned as a Driver Engineer. Once I got hurt, they moved me to Admin without a promotion (per se). The union would have had a cow if they did that. It was a "lateral move" with a considerable pay increase. I also got some gray hairs out of the deal...