KSA members?

jaya

Do we have any brother KSA members here? I turned in my petition at our SR reunion this past weekend. I should be knighted at the November or December meeting.

For those that don't know about KSA - Knights of St. Andrew Home

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Do we have any brother KSA members here? I turned in my petition at our SR reunion this past weekend. I should be knighted at the November or December meeting.

For those that don't know about KSA - Knights of St. Andrew Home
Did you previously receive the 29th Degree? I was told in my valley, it's a matter of paperwork. Not pomp and circumstance. The 29th given at our reunions suffices as the knighting ceremony. It's Interesting how other valleys do things.

jaya

You have to be a 32 degree SR mason to petition the KSA. I did receive the 29th degree during the reunion I received the other degrees. They have a different ceremony here when joining th KSA that is completely different from the 29th. It is an open ceremony and anyone can see it. I witnessed one not to long ago when a friend joined the KSA. I will let you know more once I lear more.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I think it's interesting too. The only down side is that the Brothers in the KSA in my valley don't wear kilts. It's relatively new there, so maybe someday.

Bro. Jaya, keep us posted on what you learn. It sounds like it would be fun to join.

jaya

They are relatively new in my valley as well. They do not wear kilts as well. They do a great job supporting the valley. Their main responsability at our meetings is food. They also help out in many different areas at the reunion. If you make KCCH you can no longer be KSA.

They are relatively new in my valley as well. They do not wear kilts as well. They do a great job supporting the valley. Their main responsability at our meetings is food. They also help out in many different areas at the reunion. If you make KCCH you can no longer be KSA.
Same as a 33rd.... They must become "associate members" with a KCCH replacing his white feather with a red one and a 33rd red,gold, and white feathers.

jaya

True, but you must be a KCCH before you are a 33. That is why I left them out. You loose your active membership at KCCH. Well, at least in the SJ. In the NMJ there is no KCCH.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Well, I'd be safe. I'm not in the running for KCCH anytime in the near future. I just got my black hat recently. :1-wink-grin:

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Though I personally have no interest in yet another group I would like to add some go all out in my area , kilts and the whole shebang .

Lax67

A brother was telling me about the KSA just last week. He said that all one needs to do is pay a $250 fee and they get a certificate stating they are a KSA. We're in the NMJ.

jaya

Here it is only $25 to join and $10 dues after that. You have about $90 in uniform costs. We do not wear kilts. We have a work and dress uniform. Dress is dress pants, white shirt, universal Freemason tartan tie, and blue blazer. The work uniform is a KSA shirt and black pants. Hat is worn with both. I would like to wear a kilt if I can wear my family tartan. I can only afford 1 kilt.