Votes: 3 13.6%
  • MM

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • All three

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters

CoachN

Builder Builder
I do my own on all three and a mixture of them too but not any that Brothers would recognize as standard -- yet. ;)

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
As of right now just one, but as I have the suicide wish to become and DEO and DDGM one day I'm planning on learning them all and as much else as I can.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
As of right now just one, but as I have the suicide wish to become and DEO and DDGM one day I'm planning on learning them all and as much else as I can.
DEO = District Education Officer?
We don't have that office in the GLAF&AMofNC.
I am District Deputy Grand Lecturer, and responsible for the Ritual and Masonic education of the 8 Lodges of my district.

I wasn't really very good at floor work, but finally found that learning the lectures was satisfying and not that difficult (though time consuming!). I find it much better that I stand in one place and talk.

S&F

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
DEO = District Education Officer?
We don't have that office in the GLAF&AMofNC.
I am District Deputy Grand Lecturer, and responsible for the Ritual and Masonic education of the 8 Lodges of my district.

I wasn't really very good at floor work, but finally found that learning the lectures was satisfying and not that difficult (though time consuming!). I find it much better that I stand in one place and talk.

S&F
Yes, Bro. Bob you are correct. I believe it's a bit like the stepping stone to DDGM. I love travelling and seeing the floor work and I want education to be a forefront of Masonry. What better way to see that the values are being instilled than to be the one watching it all.

Bruce Golway

Masonic Lectures

I perform all three of the Masonic Lectures, however my favorite is the Fellow Craft lecture. It has a flow to it and I feel it could at one time have been used as an instructional tool for practical, rather than esoteric, information.

Bob Franks

I will be giving the EA lecture this Monday night for the first time.
Run through it at least daily, but it will still be different actually delivering it.
I have found that the only practice for giving the lectures...is giving the lectures during the degree.

Good luck!
S&F

FF Sparky

I knew the lecture before Degree practice, but stumble on practice. Though, the questions were fumbled worse than my answers which really threw me off. I will be practicing out loud all weekend

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I'm Senior Steward so I am supposed to know my role, the Junior Deacon role and the Senior Deacon role in all Work. I'm learning the MC lecture now and it is not easy.

As for the catechisms, I help the candidates with all three.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
The Middle Chamber lecture is not easy to memorize, I will agree with Ashlar it is definitely worth the effort.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
I currently can do the first degree with the exception of the 3rd section and the charge AND the 3rd degree slide lecture. I'm working on learning the whole darned book, but that's gonna take a little time. Check with me Tuesday, k?

Bob Franks

I knew the lecture before Degree practice, but stumble on practice. Though, the questions were fumbled worse than my answers which really threw me off. I will be practicing out loud all weekend
:)

The first time I conferred the EA Degree, the PM who was mentoring me walked me through the Ob. as if he were the candidate. He made a LOT of errors in repeating after me, which threw me off...which was his point. He suggested I repeat the Ob. 10 times every day until the day of the degree. It helped!

S&F

FF Sparky

The first time I conferred the EA Degree, the PM who was mentoring me walked me through the Ob. as if he were the candidate. He made a LOT of errors in repeating after me, which threw me off...which was his point. He suggested I repeat the Ob. 10 times every day until the day of the degree. It helped!

S&F
Thanks, my cipher book is destroyed cuz I have it at work(I'm a automotive Diagnotic Technician) It's all greasy...lol. Every chance I have I'm reading it covering the part I'm reciting.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia

S&F
That may work for some , but not for all . If I work at something EVERY day then it turns into a jumbled mess in my head . I work on a lecture for a couple of days ,sit it down and forget about it for two or three days and then pick it up again and am amazed at how much better it sticks in my mind .

This is how I teach my new Masons and they have agreed that it works for them too .

That may work for some , but not for all . If I work at something EVERY day then it turns into a jumbled mess in my head . I work on a lecture for a couple of days ,sit it down and forget about it for two or three days and then pick it up again and am amazed at how much better it sticks in my mind .

This is how I teach my new Masons and they have agreed that it works for them too .
I like to brow beat them.........:1-say-no::1-wink-grin:

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I like to brow beat them.........:1-say-no::1-wink-grin:
LOL , Now that's funny .

But on a serious note , as a teacher once told me , don't force it . Trying to commit lectures to memory day in and day out will cause burn out and/or frustration . When I was working on the OES initiatory work , I tried to force it , I worked at it everyday and nothing would stick , I was frustrated so I finally gave up and set it down for a while , when I picked it back up everything started to fall into place .

When I am refreshing myself on degree work , I will run through it either two days or the day before the degree itself and then forget about it . If I keep going over it and over it , I WILL screw up during the degree .