Lodge Education

wtapp

I was reading an article in Rising Point from the Bonisteel Masonic Library recently and it got me to thinking about all of the books I have read over the years and what a waste of time it was to have read the books without having written a report on the book so I remembered what my immediate impressions were. The Rising Point article "From Darkness to Light" made a good point of education through reading and reporting. I guess I am wondering if anyone else has tried this, and if so do you have lists and reports on any of these kinds of books?

YIM,
Wes, LEO, Clinton #175

Brother Wes,

While I cannot cite any specific books, I have found that by writing about what I believe I have learned, I absorb it that much more. Connected to this, I find that sharing this report with others you learn even more! A great quote that I try to live by is "the best way to learn what you do not know is to teach what you think that you already do!"....when we share our perspective with others, we are usually met with differing perspectives that help us to smooth the ashlar, if you will :)