London Lodge

Templar_gr

Hello brothers,
I just moved to London, and looking for info of a Lodge nearby, but can't find any except the central one in downtown London.
Any of you know where else to look, have any info/connections, etc, so as to find what I'm looking for?
The downtown one can be found here:
United Grand Lodge of England » Home
PS: would prefer one that mostly solicitors are to be found as is my profession.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
I'm across the pond, so I really can't assist you. UGLE should be able to, however. Give them a ring on the telephone.

Templar_gr

Thank you for the reply. Don't I need someone to "introduce" me to the UGLE? Just phone them and go to which one they decide to let me join?

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Thank you for the reply. Don't I need someone to "introduce" me to the UGLE? Just phone them and go to which one they decide to let me join?
When I vacationed (holidayed) in London, I asked my Grand Secretary for a Letter of Good Standing.

S&F

G

Gary

Try sending a PM to Bro. Preston. He is a member of this forum (look him up in the member list). I believe he resides in the north of England, but he may be of assistance to you. He probably would be able to give you some direction as to who to contact etc...

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Hello brothers,
I just moved to London, and looking for info of a Lodge nearby, but can't find any except the central one in downtown London.
Any of you know where else to look, have any info/connections, etc, so as to find what I'm looking for?
The downtown one can be found here:
United Grand Lodge of England » Home
PS: would prefer one that mostly solicitors are to be found as is my profession.
You may find that the Grand Secretary of the UGLE prefers that arrangements be made through your own Grand Secretary. That's how I made the initial contact, then they would work with me directly to find a lodge that would meet during free time on my schedule, and had some degree work to see.
When I attended Lodge in 2002 in Freemason Hall (Great Queen Street) there were many affinity lodges. There are lodges meeting there several times every day. Lothbury Lodge 3612 started as a lodge for Barclays Bank workers. You will probably find an affinity lodge for soliciters (or lawyers, as we call them over here in the former colonies :) ).

S&F

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
First, I'm assuming from your tagline and user pic that you are already a Mason. Therefore, you'd be contacting UGLE to find out when and where Lodges in London meet so that you could visit. They should be happy to give you that information and tell you what their requirements are for visitation.

UGLE will NOT (or at least should not) decide to let you join any Lodge. That will be the business of whatever individual Lodge you eventually want to join.