Masonic Lodges to participate in New England-wide Square & Compasses Day

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Many Masonic Lodges in Maine will be open to the public on Saturday, Oct. 15, to celebrate Square & Compasses Day. Several Masonic Lodges in Franklin County will be participating.
Mt. Abram Lodge #204, 250 Main St., Kingfield, will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. offering a Child Identification Program from 9 to noon and Masonic information all day.
Mt. Bigelow Lodge #202, School Street, Stratton, will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and will provide a free barbecue meal along with the tour and Masonic information.
Kemankeag Lodge #213, Richardson Street, Rangeley, will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and will provide free sandwiches as part of the tour.
Maine Lodge #20 and Wilton Lodge #156, both meeting at the Harnden Masonic Building, Bryant Road, East Wilton, will be open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., which will be followed by a public ham supper from 5 to 6:30 p.m.

more Masonic Lodges to participate in New England-wide Square & Compasses Day | Sun Journal

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Many Masonic Lodges in Maine will be open to the public on Saturday, Oct. 15, to celebrate Square & Compasses Day. Several Masonic Lodges in Franklin County will be participating.[snip]
Uh, tell me more about Square & Compasses Day. Is it a set date? Is it a publicity opportunity set up by the Grand Lodge?
I never heard of it in Indiana or in North Carolina.

S&F

FF Sparky

It is set up by the GL's, for the Lodges to participate in. I believe it is a recruitment avenue. The Masonicares are all open too. I also believe this is the first year for it. So oct 15th'ish may be a roundabout annual date. I will let you know future as it is this weekend.