Masonic Research Library

tomgndallas

Good day Brothers...

I am seeing many of the same usernames as in other forums, good to see you hear as well brothers, you will be familiar with this post. For those that are new to me, please check out my introduction as I just joined this forum and I am looking forward to getting to know you more.

I have finally compiled and categorized the last 4 years of my research into
Masonic literature. The result is 459 electronic books, 4.3 GB of information.
The books are outside of copyright, almost all of them are from the 1800's and
early 1900's.

I am a 32nd Degree Scottish rite Mason, I used to visit my SR Library in San
Diego a number of years ago to continue my Masonic education. I could check out
books free, but always wanted a library for home. I started purchasing books on
ebay...that got really expensive fast.

I begin to discover that I could find many of these titles from universities,
the library of congress, and other places. I was able to find most of these
books as scans directly from the text, in other words, the Adobe pdf is the
exact copy of the book, so it is like having the actual library on your
computer...amazing. (and adobe reader is a free download if you don't already
have it)

I now have an auction that I just started on ebay for the DVD,
includes shipping (US Only, the auction will calculate foreign postage) and the cost of the DVD and jewel case, and the cost of using my computer and network, ebay and paypal fees...

I will not post the link here as I am respectful of the forum and other forums have been upset by this, but if you go to the site and search The Complete Masonic Library, you will find it...my user id is tomgnsd

If you have any questions, please forward them to me or send me a PM and I will send you the list of authors and books.

Sincerely and Fraternally,

Tom G

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Received my DVD in the mail today, a great collection of cool, old books. And just as soon as I have my MM, I might even read some of them!

tomgndallas

Hey Duncan!

Received my DVD in the mail today, a great collection of cool, old books. And just as soon as I have my MM, I might even read some of them!
Glad you got the books, yes when you are ready to dig in...you will have a ton of resources to reference and cross reference. You begin to see that there are a few different flavors of the history depending on who you are reading. Some of the modern authors like Robinson and Hodapp have referenced multiple sources to piece together something I think makes sense to me.

Good luck on your upcoming MM. You have more discipline that me, I was digging into research (mackey and pike) during my EA days.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Glad you got the books, yes when you are ready to dig in...you will have a ton of resources to reference and cross reference. You begin to see that there are a few different flavors of the history depending on who you are reading. Some of the modern authors like Robinson and Hodapp have referenced multiple sources to piece together something I think makes sense to me.

Good luck on your upcoming MM. You have more discipline that me, I was digging into research (mackey and pike) during my EA days.
I have read "The Builders", "Solomon's Builders", "The Keys of Freemasonry", 2 of Bro. John Nagy's books, countless websites, I read ahead for my EA, but have and will not read ahead for my FC or upcoming MM. Oh and watched "The Man Who Would be King".

tomgndallas

I have read "The Builders", "Solomon's Builders", "The Keys of Freemasonry", 2 of Bro. John Nagy's books, countless websites, I read ahead for my EA, but have and will not read ahead for my FC or upcoming MM. Oh and watched "The Man Who Would be King".
I have not watched the man who would be king. I will look it up. you have been a busy bee haven't you?? Good luck in your journey my Brother.

tomgndallas

Good Evening Brothers,

I wanted to post a quick update here. First, if anyone is interested in my list of books and authors, please PM me or send me your email and I can forward it. I have had alot of positive response to the auction and just added another 15 books. Of course, I did already have 2 people try to scam me, but oh well, that goes with the territory I guess. Needless to say, I decided to offer international shipping. It will automatically calculate based on your location. This was based on requests I had in other forums from Brothers and Sisters abroad, one brother was actually writing a thesis on masonic history for his master's class, now that is just plain cool.

Good luck on your travels, god speed and god bless.

So Mote it be!

Tom G

CoachN

Builder Builder
When you add additional books, do you offer previous buyers downloadable upgrades for those added books?

tomgndallas

Hi Coach,

that post was my mistake actually...I meant to say I uploaded 15 more DVD's to the auction. I had not checked it in a few days and the count ran to 0. oops. I have a new project at work and new puppy at home so my time is spread thin....but I am still having fun.

I think that you have a good idea there however. I was considering that as I do more research and find more books over time, I could maybe upload them to a fileshare and reach out to those who had purchased the DVD.

Google allows me to only give access to those I select, to essentially password protect files. I think 4shared has something like that as well.

CoachN

Builder Builder
Thanks for the clarification Brother. I have some digital books too. Is there a list of your books of DVD? I'll share what I have if they are not on your list.

tomgndallas

Just made another auction

A quick note...

Had some emails recently requesting I do another run. I have 22 remaining on Ebay, if you are interested PM me or email me directly at tom_godby@yahoo.com.

If you take a look on ebay and search for Complete Masonic Library, you will find me there

All the best Brothers

Tom G

tomgndallas

Just a quick update, the DVD is still listed and will be ending today, I will relist once the auction expires. I do plan to continue providing this DVD as it is still being purchased, one or two a week, and I am getting emails from Brothers across the country and from outside the USA, it is really great. Again this is an auction for 461 out of print masonic books, mostly direct scans from the text. No occult or antimasonic on the disk. It is a fantastic collection and great library for any masonic scholar or anyone interested in the history of the craft. Many great masonic writers are included. If you have an ebay account search for Complete Masonic Library, I am tomgndallas in Texas. If you don't, send me an email or PM and I will send you the list of books and we can work out the details. Price covers shipping and handling to anywhere in the USA. Out of country, you pay postage, I ship it to you.

S&F,

Tom G