MMCI -Masonic Motorcycle Club International

iMav

-==-
Anyone have any info on this group? I (with several other brothers) am looking to start a new chapter, but have not comitted to an org yet (Widows Sons, MMCI, etc)

Trying to make an informed decision.

jaya

Before you start any chapter I would suggest checking with your gl first. Some jurisdictions do not allow organizations using the masonic theme except with their approval.

iMav

-==-
Before you start any chapter I would suggest checking with your gl first. Some jurisdictions do not allow organizations using the masonic theme except with their approval.
GL secretary said they don't have a current stance on MMCI. They are fine and dandy with WS though.

Azpir8king

WI..both orgs exist

GL secretary said they don't have a current stance on MMCI. They are fine and dandy with WS though.
A brother from FonduLac runs the MMCI chapter here. The WS is larger and is the fastest growing Motorcycle association in the country (or so I am told). I sent you a PM.

iMav

-==-
A brother from FonduLac runs the MMCI chapter here. The WS is larger and is the fastest growing Motorcycle association in the country (or so I am told). I sent you a PM.
I spoke with the international org's president today (Ken White) and he specifically told me that there are no MMCI chapters in Wisconsin.

Is your friend an "at large" member? (chapter 8)

iMav

-==-
Why not join the WS or Freemason RC?
According to the GL, Freemason RC hasn't received a green light to operate in their jurisdiction (only WS).

As far as why MMCI, I like their history, the structured organization, and their commitment to keeping the record of their org clean. They are helping engage with the GL to acquire the proper permission to operate in Wisconsin...and part of that is also establishing an understanding (with the GL) that if there is anything that comes up that reflects poorly on MMCI, that they be notified so they can make it right. (revoking a membership and even pulling a charter, if necessary)

Perhaps WS is like this as well...honestly, I have little experience with them. But I have gotten a lot of support from MMCI; they have been very engaged in the process...I simply have not had the same level of support from the Widows Sons Wisconsin Grand Chapter.

iMav

-==-
An update.

The Grand Master of WI has decided not to officially recognize MMCI. In fact, I was told they will only recognize Widow's Sons chapters in Wisconsin.

I'm more then a bit irritated with the decision. The Grand Lodge shouldn't be picking favorites when it comes to such organizations. MMCI is the oldest (by far) of the Masonic motorcycle groups and has a spotless reputation.

They are thought of so highly, that other states' Grand Masters are actually speaking up on MMCI's behalf and trying to encourage our GM to change his mind.

Anyways, several of us are members of the "at large" chapter of MMCI. I guess we'll just re-petition with each new GM and see how it goes...

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
According to the GL, Freemason RC hasn't received a green light to operate in their jurisdiction (only WS).

As far as why MMCI, I like their history, the structured organization, and their commitment to keeping the record of their org clean. They are helping engage with the GL to acquire the proper permission to operate in Wisconsin...and part of that is also establishing an understanding (with the GL) that if there is anything that comes up that reflects poorly on MMCI, that they be notified so they can make it right. (revoking a membership and even pulling a charter, if necessary)

Perhaps WS is like this as well...honestly, I have little experience with them. But I have gotten a lot of support from MMCI; they have been very engaged in the process...I simply have not had the same level of support from the Widows Sons Wisconsin Grand Chapter.
Bro. I would offer that you attend a Tylers of the 9 monthly meeting (2nd Saturday every month) Yes, we are WS, but I believe that you will see the things that you speak of MMCI.PM me and I can send you the address of the next meeting, I would post it here however it is a Brother's home not our usual public haunts. If you are on Facebook we have closed group that I will add you to (also a PM with you FB name).

iMav

-==-
I've found it a bit like pulling teeth to get info from the grand chapter of WS in WI. I have to send emails multiple times to get a response (2-3 weeks has been the norm).

I understand that your local chapter isn't like that. But if I have to pay the grand chapter (directly or indirectly), I want some decent support.

I am having shoulder surgery tomorrow (thurs, 8 Dec 2011), so I will have to wait till Jan to attend. But I will do so. PM me the location of Jan's meeting once it is determined.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I've found it a bit like pulling teeth to get info from the grand chapter of WS in WI. I have to send emails multiple times to get a response (2-3 weeks has been the norm).

I understand that your local chapter isn't like that. But if I have to pay the grand chapter (directly or indirectly), I want some decent support.

I am having shoulder surgery tomorrow (thurs, 8 Dec 2011), so I will have to wait till Jan to attend. But I will do so. PM me the location of Jan's meeting once it is determined.
Shall do. The GC is under-manned and over-worked.