my wife and Freemasonry ?

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Caucasians are people of color, we are PINK! :eek:
Russ, while I agree with you, just let me say that as a callow youth, I expressed that opinion to a group of black men I had occasion to be talking with. I even expressed that they were not black, but brown and tan. Without going into the sordid details, allow me to tell you that I was corrected VOCIFEROUSLY. Caucasians are NOT people of color, regardless of how pink you may be.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Russ, while I agree with you, just let me say that as a callow youth, I expressed that opinion to a group of black men I had occasion to be talking with. I even expressed that they were not black, but brown and tan. Without going into the sordid details, allow me to tell you that I was corrected VOCIFEROUSLY. Caucasians are NOT people of color, regardless of how pink you may be.
I was an auburn before I went gary & skin, I was VERY pink in the summer..
But I to understand the distinction.

Casey

MM, RAM, 32nd.
Agreed. If it does exist, there needs to be a major effort by Freemasonry as a whole to squash it pronto.
From what I have heard, this has become a problem with the GL of West Virginia. They apparently won't allow a black man to join a mainstream Lodge, and will not recognize Prince Hall. Beginning several years ago, it came to a head and now the GLs of Ohio and Michigan will not recognize WV. I believe there are others, but the Ohio and Michigan ones I can vouch for.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
From what I have heard, this has become a problem with the GL of West Virginia. They apparently won't allow a black man to join a mainstream Lodge, and will not recognize Prince Hall. Beginning several years ago, it came to a head and now the GLs of Ohio and Michigan will not recognize WV. I believe there are others, but the Ohio and Michigan ones I can vouch for.
Casey, It's WV that will not recognize Ohio and it's over a Mason that they expelled who, years later, was raised in an Ohio Lodge.

War Declared:  The Freemasons of West Virginia Withdrawl Recognition of Freemasons in Ohio

Casey

MM, RAM, 32nd.
I do remember this. If I remember correctly, the Brother was raised at a Lodge in Steubenville.