Nasa warns solar flares from 'huge space storm' will cause devastation

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
National power grids could overheat and air travel severely disrupted while electronic items, navigation devices and major satellites could stop working after the Sun reaches its maximum power in a few years.

Senior space agency scientists believe the Earth will be hit with unprecedented levels of magnetic energy from solar flares after the Sun wakes “from a deep slumber” sometime around 2013, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.

In a new warning, Nasa said the super storm would hit like “a bolt of lightning” and could cause catastrophic consequences for the world’s health, emergency services and national security unless precautions are taken.

Scientists believe it could damage everything from emergency services’ systems, hospital equipment, banking systems and air traffic control devices, through to “everyday” items such as home computers, iPods and Sat Navs.

more Nasa warns solar flares from 'huge space storm' will cause devastation - Telegraph

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Well , according to all the conspiracy people the world is going to end in 2012 anyway so this shouldn't be a problem .

On a serious note , I was reading about something likes this sometime back and it scares the hell out of me . What's going to happen when the sun reaches it's ultimate power or , like any other star , burns itself out and implodes in on itself and turns into a black hole ? How are we going to prepare for these huge solar flares , coat our homes in a thick layer of lead or move deep underground ?

Disciple

I believe that there is a God out there to protect us. I have to have faith that He can save us from any harm but at the same time doing my part to save myself. I guess there is no harm in believing in a higher being.

About the Solar activity, I guess it will just worsen the situation on Earth. Summertime is really hot right now so maybe this is just a taste of what's to come.

JohnQ

I have been reading and doing some research on solar flares for several months now and it won't necessarily be 2013 before this is an issue it could be tomorrow. As with everything I think the best thing you can do is prepare to take care of yourself and yuor family. I don't know how much I woulod miss the tv and cellphones but I would like to be able to eat! Stock up on food, water, and ways to protect yourself and you will be fine.

thejaybradley

I have been reading and doing some research on solar flares for several months now and it won't necessarily be 2013 before this is an issue it could be tomorrow. As with everything I think the best thing you can do is prepare to take care of yourself and yuor family. I don't know how much I woulod miss the tv and cellphones but I would like to be able to eat! Stock up on food, water, and ways to protect yourself and you will be fine.
There have been "doom theories" that have been weighing heavy on the minds of a large portion of populace for centuries, even millennium. To be honest, most have not come true, or even come close to being true, others have come true to some degree but seeing as mankind is still here no where near what was feared.

So I have to keep in mind, one there is is a God, so having faith will allow me to continue on, two the world may end tomorrow, but today I have obligations so lets get to it :D

freeman

So if I am clear, this radiation that is going to hit the earth will disrupt radio waves and other cellular/satelite devices? That could majorly disrupt a lot of things; industry, health care, airport trackers, innumerable things! Scary...