New business....

jaya

I am in the process of starting another side business. I already work for myself as a computer consultant. I am currently working at becoming a certified NRA instructor and NC concealed carry instructor. Right now I am planning on just teaching NRA courses and mainly Firearms safety in the home, First Steps pistol, and Basic Pistol courses along with the concealed carry class. Are there any firearms instructors here that can give any advice on getting started effectively. The worst part is I have to drive 6 hours to take the NC CC instructor course. It is only offered a very few times a year and is filled up for this year. It is only offered at the Justice Academy and only at the eastern NC one. There is 1 class offered at the Western NC Academy but the August class has been full since about February.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Brother Jay, I'd love to take you to Lodge here in the 10th District! (Wayne and Lenoir Counties)
Where is the eastern NC course given? I'm in Goldsboro.

S&F

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We have a church (of all things) here who gives these courses for free in my town . The instructor is a NRA instructor and so on and so forth and is my Uncle . I could pick his brain next time I see him .

jaya

Brother Jay, I'd love to take you to Lodge here in the 10th District! (Wayne and Lenoir Counties)
Where is the eastern NC course given? I'm in Goldsboro.

S&F
The NC Justice Academy in Salemburg, NC. From what I have been told, it is in the middle of nowhere. I will only be there for 5 hours on a Saturday. I am planning on driving down and going to the class then driving back. The class is from 1-6 so it will not be that bad. I might stop at my in-laws if I get tired but that will be unlikely.

edwmax

5 hours for training ???. My NRA Pistol Instructor class was 2 full days.

Anyway check around your area for classes taught by other instructors (how many) and what they are charging. ... I've seen Basic Pistol as low as $30 within the last 2 years. ... Georgia doesn't require new carry applicants to complete a firearms training class, so there is not a big demand for training in my area.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
The NC Justice Academy in Salemburg, NC. From what I have been told, it is in the middle of nowhere. I will only be there for 5 hours on a Saturday. I am planning on driving down and going to the class then driving back. The class is from 1-6 so it will not be that bad. I might stop at my in-laws if I get tired but that will be unlikely.
Yeah...between Roseboro and Bear Skin; middle of nowhere! When the world ends, I'm heading there, because every thing takes 2-4 weeks to get there! ;)

S&F

jaya

The NRA pistol instructor class is 2 days because it incorporates BIT into it (6 hours). Then it is followed by the Basic pistol instructor course. I must have those before I take the CC instructor course. I am taking that next month near where I live. The 5 hour cc instructor class is the one that is 5 hours. It is taught by the NC justice academy and is offered only about 5 times this year. It is all classroom work on the laws governing concealed carry and the use of force in NC. It is required that anyone wanting a cc permit in NC must take a training class that consist of classroom and range time. I am actually for that requirement. I do not want the first time someone shoots a firearm be in a self defense situation.

Salemburg is one of those places you do not get to by accident. I do wish that they would offer the class more up at the western campus. That is only an hour away. Either way, these classes fill up quickly. The last time I looked there was not an opening for the rest of the year and next years schedule is not out yet.