Photography

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I am not that serious about but I do like to take my camera with me when I am out and about so I can sanp shots of what ever strrikes my fancy .

Brochop

I've been known to dabble in the photographic arts from time to time ... or for the past 30 years as a profession ... whichever comes first. Please feel free to check out my websites and also feel free to ask any questions you might have about photography. I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I've been known to dabble in the photographic arts from time to time ... or for the past 30 years as a profession ... whichever comes first. Please feel free to check out my websites and also feel free to ask any questions you might have about photography. I'll do my best to answer your questions.
Nice photos .

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Brochop - cool photos.

I take photos with a decent digital camera we bought recently. I really like taking pictures of the grand-kids -- got to keep a record of them somehow. I take photos of the custom steelwork that I make:cool: and whatever else catches my eye.

Winter

I've been here before
I picked up a Cannon Eos 400D this summer and I've been taking classes. I've been having fun with it so far. It's my first DSLR.

Brochop

GaryE,

The Canon 5D II does still "and" Hi-Def video all in one nice little package. They run around 2500 for the body but, it's well worth the price of admission considering it's flexibility. Quite a few of the travel shows on TV are using the 5D II as primary video cameras for their productions, as well as a few wedding videographers I know. It also has a full size sensor that captures stills in 22 megapixels so image quality is outstanding.

Winter and Custer,

Taking photos of the fam is exactly how I got started. If your cameras have a built-in flash, I highly recommend using it all the time. Even during the day. The fill light it provides makes for some nice photos. Also, if your cameras have a "program" setting, use that as opposed to the "auto" setting. You can get more control from the "P" setting without sacrificing the automatic exposure feature that makes them so easy to use. It might take a little trial and error to get up to speed on the setting but, the control is well worth the time and effort.

Hope this helps.

happy clicking Brothers

Winter

I've been here before
I agree with the custom settings as opposed to the auto. And I've been learning how to use the flash in daytime as well. I got mine with a LOT of fixings, external flash, battery grip, 17-35mm aspherical lense and lots of other goodies.

I got a good deal on classes at Ritz Camera in Bayshore. 15 2 hour classes for only $50!!!! Been learning all kinds of cool stuff.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Thanks for the suggestions, brochop.

Our camera takes awesome pictures even at night with the program settings. I took about 100 photos on a night riverboat cruise(I was the only one outside, got into the pilot house and BSed with the captain) when we were in Louisville KY in Nov 09. The city night skyline turned out incredible, even got some photos of the dry-dock launch ramps that turned out. I think I took about 400-500 pictures (one 4GB memory card) on the KY trip as well as going to the meetings I needed to attend. The Slugger factory was fun. We got to go to Churchill Downs on the first day of racing, but the museum was being renovated at the time.:( My wife was bummed.

pcwardlaw

When I was just out of high school I took the photos for a friends school year book pic her last year.They turned out well.