Please read first

I have a hypothesis that most Freemasons are neither Masons nor Free. Carry on
I would conclude that it is more Theory that hypothesis..... for 1) I am not free...but to the contrary, consider myself quite valuable and 2) many Freemasons are not "Masons"

I also believe many will agree or disagree.....and will come up with a theory to disprove the theory at hand.

Winter

I've been here before
Notice the lack of a particular word, one that I did not use......

poke...poke...poke.....;)
You said that you knew the truth (a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like). According to your statement you had evidence that what I knew to be fact was incorrect. So share it! :)

You said that you knew the truth (a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like). According to your statement you had evidence that what I knew to be fact was incorrect. So share it! :)
Hmmm... smells like bait;)

Again my good Brother I concede that you win..... please do me the honor and accept the win graciously.....

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Define the word interpretation: and you'll have your answer, and so will Bro. Winter...LOL (no...seriously! go look it up!)

Winter

I've been here before
Define the word interpretation: and you'll have your answer, and so will Bro. Winter...LOL (no...seriously! go look it up!)
in·ter·pre·ta·tion
   [in-tur-pri-tey-shuhn] Show IPA noun
1.the act of interpreting; elucidation; explication: This writer's work demands interpretation.
2.an explanation of the meaning of another's artistic or creative work; an elucidation: an interpretation of a poem.
3.a conception of another's behavior: a charitable interpretation of his tactlessness.
4.a way of interpreting.
5.the rendering of a dramatic part, music, etc., so as to bring out the meaning, or to indicate one's particular conception of it.

Nothing in the definition has anything to do with quantifiable facts in evidence.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
in·ter·pre·ta·tion
   [in-tur-pri-tey-shuhn] Show IPA noun
1.the act of interpreting; elucidation; explication: This writer's work demands interpretation.
2.an explanation of the meaning of another's artistic or creative work; an elucidation: an interpretation of a poem.
3.a conception of another's behavior: a charitable interpretation of his tactlessness.
4.a way of interpreting.
5.the rendering of a dramatic part, music, etc., so as to bring out the meaning, or to indicate one's particular conception of it.

Nothing in the definition has anything to do with quantifiable facts in evidence.
Yup. But did you notice how many times the word interpretation is used in it's own definition? Someone's understanding of something doesn't make it fact or fiction without quantifiable evidence.

Wouldnt it be a personal interpretation of exactly what is considered quantifiable evidence?.... Case in point the Casey Anthony Trial..... many well learned members of the legal community saw a abundance of "facts" that she killed her daughter.... but 12 people had a different interpretation of the "facts" presented and come up with a different conclusion.....

FACTS are like BEAUTY..... its all in the eye of the beholder.

jaya

This argument can go on forever. What winter has is so called facts and what fireman has it what is called faith. Faith is believing in something that can not necessarily be proven true or false. I go with faith over evolution. There is nothing that I have ever read that has changed that faith. I see no sense in argueing with someone about it. Believe what you want but do not put down another for having a different belief.

CoachN

Builder Builder
This argument can go on forever. What winter has is so called facts and what fireman has it what is called faith. Faith is believing in something that can not necessarily be proven true or false. I go with faith over evolution. There is nothing that I have ever read that has changed that faith. I see no sense in argueing with someone about it. Believe what you want but do not put down another for having a different belief.
Faith is a choice to believe a conclusion regardless of factual evidence supporting that belief.

I have faith that people will eventually see that evolution is a God inspired process. :1-wink:

I would have to say we put this into testing when we started pinpointing ways to spot a MASON!
I believe there is evidence accumulating within another thread that may speed this testing along.