Please reply! I want to know

YoIrishYo

I don't want this to sound offensive, my grandpa is a Mason but why do people always say things like "masons worship the devil" and stuff like that, it frustrates me very much because my grandpa is VERY Christian, like on youtube there are all these videos about freemasonry being devil worshipers, I just want to know why people think this!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
There are many reasons why people believe such ludicrous stories .

They fear what they do not know.

They are followers and can not think for themselves .

They take something written by Masonic authors such as albert Pike and/or ritual out of context and not taking in account the entire text .

Ignorance , plain and simple .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Like ashlar said there are many reasons why. Some feel since they cannot just walk into a Lodge meeting and see what is going on means we are evil. Some follow people like David Icke or the Gorilla999 guy on youtube. They will tell you have evil Masons are and how we are trying to rule the world in one breath. Then tell you how the world leaders are really shape shifting aliens.

Michigan Mason

People fear what they do not know. Had a supervisor tell me once that I should not have joined the Masons because they are no good, said I should have joined a respectable group like the Shriners. Needless to say after I stopped laughing and him looking dumbfounded I explained that t obe a Shriner you had t obe a Mason. Was good for a laugh.

McOwenJ

I don't want this to sound offensive, my grandpa is a Mason but why do people always say things like "masons worship the devil" and stuff like that, it frustrates me very much because my grandpa is VERY Christian, like on youtube there are all these videos about freemasonry being devil worshipers, I just want to know why people think this!
These same people say: "Mormons(Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints) are not Christians but instead devil worshipers"! Ignorance and Bigotry come from listening to sources who usually have an ax to grind or money to make from selling something. "If you want to find out about Ford you do not go to Chevrolet"!

Coxman

I agree with many of the comments,,its just ignorance on the part of those who say these type of things. Ignore the ignorant.

People fear what they do not know. Had a supervisor tell me once that I should not have joined the Masons because they are no good, said I should have joined a respectable group like the Shriners. Needless to say after I stopped laughing and him looking dumbfounded I explained that t obe a Shriner you had t obe a Mason. Was good for a laugh.
That made me snort. Thanks for the laugh.

Necktie

They do not know

I agree that people are afraid of what they do not know. Masons do have some things that they keep secret among its members and since people do not know what they are they let there minds make them up. Every organization has some kinds of secrets and so do businesses does that mean they worship the devil?

daystar

go to Anti-Masonry: Points of View
Over 400 pages of vast information for anyone wanting to know the truth about Freemasonry!
The website title says Anti Masonry but that can be misleading, it is a very good site from a freemasons perspective as he tries diligently to answer all points of view concerning freemasonry! A Very good site!

Wally

That’s a ridiculous notion advanced by those who are either “uninformed” (don't know or clearly understand Masonry) or have some particular issue or axe to grind, or as is more commonly found, making huge profits by selling books, tapes, DVD’s, etc. All of these books, tapes, etc. have been proven incorrect many times yet these people persists in continuing to sell them. Some seek to perpetuate falsehoods because they’ve heard or read about them from other people, choosing to believe the lies of others without really having the facts themselves. Some have gotten this idea by falsehoods and twisted facts they've read on the Internet (the world's largest source of misinformation).