Squirrels Potter

DavisB

Well, it is currently 3:04 AM and I just got back from seeing the midnight premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. I grew up reading the books and watching the movies and I must say, the final movie was a fantastic ending to it all. Anybody else a fan and planning on going to see it?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Brother Davis , you make me feel old when you say you grew up reading the Harry Potter books lol . I purchased my wife the complete hard bond collection of the Potter series . She finally talked me into reading them , I have only read two in the series , but must say they are a very good read .

She wants to go see the final movie , but I want to finish the books first before I watch any more of the movies ( I have watched a few but do not want to spoil the Deathly Hollows book ) .

Winter

I've been here before
I'm going to see it. I have to find one of the places around here that is showing part 1 and part 2 since I waited to see them together.

The movies are ok although I think they changed the plot elements too much from the books. They're we'll made though and worth seeing.

And no, I will not be dressing up! LOL

johnj1582

My sister went to see it last night. She's definitely a Gryffindork if I've ever seen one, she dressed up and everything, complete with her handmade wand. She said it was awesome, but she's been grieving her childhood :/ She came home all teary eyed, and said "There'll never be another Midnight Potter premiere".
(I told her no cast is above a "class reunion")

I never finished the books, myself. I read 1-4, but 5 took a long time to come out so I was already knee deep in other books and never got around to it. I may go see it, but I'd have to see part 1 first.

DavisB

Brother Davis , you make me feel old when you say you grew up reading the Harry Potter books lol . I purchased my wife the complete hard bond collection of the Potter series . She finally talked me into reading them , I have only read two in the series , but must say they are a very good read .

She wants to go see the final movie , but I want to finish the books first before I watch any more of the movies ( I have watched a few but do not want to spoil the Deathly Hollows book ) .
Haha I started reading the series when the first 3 were out. I was in 3rd grade. :D don't spoil the last one if you have any desire to read the book. The final book was by far the best one. It is well worth the 800 or whatever pages.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Ok I think Davis is around my age and I put them off until I saw the first two movies About 14/15. AND HATED THEM. Then I read the books and decided the screenwriters were my enemy not the series. I would suggest seeing the rest of the movies Ashlar first, if not the whole movie you'll be thinking of what they got wrong and left out. I was gonna go with my mother but my wife couldn't go and she's the Twihard/ Gryffindork. BTW Awesome name for potter nuts!