Prince Hall

RoughAshlar

I hope that this doesn't prove to be to controversial, but I was wondering about everyone's thoughts on the recent proposal of the Grand Lodge of New York to officially recognize Prince Hall Lodges. I honestly don't see why it wasn't done along time ago, unless there is more to the division than Race.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I personally have no problems with it. Every lodge has their own rites and privledges.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I would love to see it here in KY . I am really tired of the southern "mainstream" GL's taking all the blame for it though , when the problem comes from both sides . I have quite a few friends who are black PHA Masons who thinks it's funny how us "mainstreamers" get bashed for not recognizing them even though they , for the most part , do not want our recognition . Even my friends don't want my GL's recognition . Atleast It's not hurting our friendship .

cemab4y

I belong to a lodge that is subordinate to the Grand Lodge of New York (F&AM). The GL of New York has had full recognition with Prince Hall masonry in New York, and many other states, for some years.

You may be interested to know that a couple of weeks ago, the Grand Lodge of North Carolina, has voted to recognize Prince Hall masonry in North Carolina.

RoughAshlar

Last year, the Grand Lodge of Canada in the Province of Ontario. Stoped enforcing rules against visiting PH Lodges, I havent had a chance to visit one yet but know people that have. Supposedly official recognition is coming soon.